What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking for DPE in Midwest

toddjump2

I'm New Here
Sponsor
Hi
Would like to get my Instrument check ride in my RV-7. Looking for a DPE in the Midwest, I live in Illinois. Can anyone recommend a DPE that will be willing to give me a check ride in my plane?
Thanks
Todd

I think they need 5 hours in type which might be challenging. There's a DPE up in Green Bay who personally owns an RV6. Don't know if that's close enough.

I think they need 5 hours in type which might be challenging. There's a DPE up in Green Bay who personally owns an RV6. Don't know if that's close enough.

I don’t know for sure, but I thought they followed the same rules as cfi’s - 5 hrs in type is required in twins.

You might try Dick Hanusa in Oshkosh if that’s within your range. He has RV experience. PM me for his number if you can’t find it.

Just did this search for my son, who just got his PPL in the 6. Found a good guy, also with competitive rates. He is at Big Foot (grass strip), right next to Beloit. Jim Baer. He will travel to you, but will charge for it.

Last edited:
Back