What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Landing and Taxi

Ron B.

Well Known Member
Anyone know what type/brand landing and taxi lights Van's is planning on using in the RV-14 wings. I would like to have wigwag and would like to know what system to purchase for this.

Talking with Sterling at LOE 2015 there is no set preference and that they are playing with all light systems. This is with the Advanced Flight Quick Panels wiring system from AFS/Dynon.

I don't know the models used (I'll have to look them up) but here's what they have in the right wing on the 14 (yes it's BRIGHT)

20151016_165607.jpg

Here's the left wing

20151016_165658.jpg

Anyone know what type/brand landing and taxi lights Van's is planning on using in the RV-14 wings. I would like to have wigwag and would like to know what system to purchase for this.

The RV-14 uses the same wingtip fairing as the RV-10. You can install the Aerosun Vx lights in the wingtips if you use the RV-10/14 conversion kit to enlarge the light cove.

The RV-14 uses the same wingtip fairing as the RV-10. You can install the Aerosun Vx lights in the wingtips if you use the RV-10/14 conversion kit to enlarge the light cove.

The RV-14 has cutouts in the wing skin for landing lights already and we need to fill them with something, might as well put lights in there.
I see you have LED's with built in pulse.

Dean, can your pulse LED lights be operated with two (ON, OFF,ON) toggles.
I have two lights (cavities for now) , one in each wing Taxi & Landing). I would like to be able to turn each light on independently or have the pulse wig wag from light to light.

GAD 27 Light Controller

Hello Ron,

If you decide to install a Garmin G3X Touch system in your RV-14, the GAD 27 module provides wig-wag taxi/landing light control in addition to flap motor control, trim mixing, panel lighting, and more described in this posting.

Since the GAD 27 knows the airspeed of the aircraft, you can even configure the system to automatically start and stop the wig-wag based on airspeed and put the lights on solid when the aircraft slows on final approach.

ExternalLightWiring.png

ExternalLightConfig.png

Mitch has a GAD 27 in his incredible G3X Touch RV-14A demonstrator.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Steve

Amazing software for sure. Does Dynon Touch have the same ability or is it a planned upgrade does anyone know?

Thanks.

Back