What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jab 2200 ?

Flush Rivets

Since you would be doing EAB rather than ELSA, you could possibly do some things to reduce drag that would result in a few mph gain, giving you the same cruise speed. Things such as flush blind rivets rather than full head rivets on the exterior should give you a few knots.

I would like to keep a close to sock as I can. I like the idea of flush blind rivets, but the skin and rib are less then .050” The shortest 1/8 flush blind rivet I can find at a reasonable price have a grip range .063 to .125

Still Looking

Joe Dallas
www.joesrv12.com

Since you would be doing EAB rather than ELSA, you could possibly do some things to reduce drag that would result in a few mph gain, giving you the same cruise speed. Things such as flush blind rivets rather than full head rivets on the exterior should give you a few knots.

I would like to keep a close to sock as I can. I like the idea of flush blind rivets, but the skin and rib are less then .050? The shortest 1/8 flush blind rivet I can find at a reasonable price have a grip range .063 to .125

Still Looking

Joe Dallas
www.joesrv12.com

Ya, I can only find CS4-4s, but I'd be interested to see if the manufacturer makes something shorter :/

Back