What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Insight G2 - LOP feature

Marlonyoung

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Installed an Insight G2 in my O320 RV4. Very impressed with this unit. It tracks EGT and when you get LOP it places a box on your graph and then tells you how many degrees LOP each cylinder is. Was able to lean out and run LOP With each cylinder being between 50 and 65° LOP. I had to micro adjust the throttle and curb heat to get to the sweet spot where my differential range between cylinders was very close and at 8500 feet was burning probably 7 GPH running at 2500 RPM. In two separate flights, including climb to altitude burned right at 7 1/2 gallons per hour.

It gives you both your temp number and an easy to see bar graph, which is very nice on climb out to know when cylinders three and four are getting hot. I need to get the fuel flow transducer because it also has a fuel flow and totalizer feature. I have that in the 195 and one of the most comforting points of data to have on a long cross country.

Attachments

• IMG_5407.jpeg
    IMG_5407.jpeg
    297.6 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_5408.jpeg
    IMG_5408.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 93
Looks great Marlon!

Don’t forget to fly the 195 every now and then. My 195 spits oil on the floor every time I push the RV out to fly.

You coming to Tullahoma in Sept?

195- tullahoma

Jeff, probably won’t make it to Tullahoma as that’s a 14 hour trip one way. I do try to get the 195 up several times a month and for traveling, Tara really! prefers it to the 4. I do get a bit of a guilt trip when pushing the 4 out for another flight. I will have 70 hours on the 4 by the end of the week (1/3 as much time on the 195) - but I do feed the 195 about as much fuel, so guess that’s fair?

Back