What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

in need of a rudder

robinbh

I'm New Here
The previous owner of my RV6 had a tail strike and caused a crumble along the bottom edge or the rudder.
I'd like to find a spare rudder for the RV6 or was considering banging out the dent on both sides, then riveting a backing plate along the lower section to strengthen the rudder. Would this work or cause more problems?
If anyone has a completed RV6 rudder for sale, please let me know.

rudder from billytime

I bought a kit and it has a rudder, looks complete... No documentation. I am in a and p school and I think the work is not up to my standard. You may have a look at it if you pay for shipping... If it will work then make me a offer I can't refuse.I didn't go over it too close as I am building a rv6 with a rv7 horizontal and a rv8 vertical. I don't have a need for or the space for the parts... Come n get em

The previous owner of my RV6 had a tail strike and caused a crumble along the bottom edge or the rudder.
I'd like to find a spare rudder for the RV6 or was considering banging out the dent on both sides, then riveting a backing plate along the lower section to strengthen the rudder. Would this work or cause more problems?
If anyone has a completed RV6 rudder for sale, please let me know.

You can get all the parts from Vans cheaper than buying and shipping a used one. Just my opinion.

Back