What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ideas for improving EAA Airventure 2012

Money.

Too many Gators and golf carts are from the need for money. My $.02.
I would like to see a lot less of the wheeled traffic. .... But I like some of the things that cost a lot of $$ to build. John Deer must give a lot of money to EAA. Wish Honda would sell me a Metropolitan Scooter after Oshkosh for a good discount. I ask ,,,, no way.:eek:

Recycling

Most gripes have already been mentioned, but it annoyed me that there were no recycling bins for at least glass and cans in HBC, or pretty much anywhere else. The amount of recyclables in the dumpster when it was filled to overflowing was ridiculous, and it was annoying to have to carry mine around for an hour before finally stumbling in to one of the few bins around.

Speaking of golf carts...i almost got flattened by one driven by non other than Harrison Ford hauling *** towards the ultralight area on thursday!! There was also one young man driving extremelly fast for the conditions and people from the conoco plaza towards the rv area. Saw him four times, four different days just driving as fast as that thing was moving! Yup...control of vehicles is one definetelly needed

Different perspective

The golf cart\gator haters are'nt saying much about the garbage trucks or the trams.I guess because they are self explanitory why they are there. I would venture to say the use of the golf carts and gators have a reason also. I wonder if it might be envy that you are walking the grounds instead of riding.Some folks tend to wander aimless as if they are the only people for miles and then get offended when the golf cart is behind them.Ther is alot of wide areas beside the roads in a large majority of OSH. Outside of the four vendor buildings the foot traffic is not elbow to elbow. No I don't have a golf cart inside the gates but I did have one in the campground and I got to thinking about this as the people that walk down the road clueless as to the 20 ft. wide shoulders along the road to and from the red barn. Also about prices and availabilty of certain drinks and food. Come on we know this going in. It is like this at 99% of the places that that charge you to enter \movie\sporting event etc.I am sorry to offend anyone but we can build and fly airplanes surely we can figure out walking and food and water.

Back