What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How to remove nozzle from fuel injector body

Is there a trick to getting the nozzle out of the fuel injector body?
It can be tough. I was able to do it with my fingernail. I avoided using a metal blade for fear I would mess up the flange. Maybe a thin plastic pry bar.

Is there a trick to getting the nozzle out of the fuel injector body?
I have found sticky duct tape to work well, a small piece of tape pressed on the flange and the restricter comes right out with no damage.
Inspect the restricter for tape residue before reinstalling.

For me, the insert/restrictor usually just falls out and gets lodged in the most inaccessible places...under the inter-cylinder baffle is a popular place...

Use a plastic "razor" blade in between the body and top flange of the restrictor to pry it out.

Screenshot 2024-05-10 at 9.44.12 AM.png

The whole assembly got 30 mins in hot hoppes in the ultrasonic cleaner last night, still can't get them out. I don't have a spray pattern, just a narrow stream. Perfectly matched on all cylinders though. The restrictor piece won't budge with a razor or fingernail.

Could having cranked down the fuel line fitting too tight cause it to be stuck?

The whole assembly got 30 mins in hot hoppes in the ultrasonic cleaner last night, still can't get them out. I don't have a spray pattern, just a narrow stream. Perfectly matched on all cylinders though. The restrictor piece won't budge with a razor or fingernail.

Could having cranked down the fuel line fitting too tight cause it to be stuck?

You may want to use hemostatic clamps (forceps) with tape applied over the jaws, grip the inserts flange and twist it.

Back