What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Tech Support - RAV!

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
If you’ve followed my GRT comments in the past you’ll remember that I expressed extreme frustration with their technical manuals and at times their product support. Well today I want to do the opposite in regards to their tech support staff.

I’ve been experiencing both high and erratic MP readings for a while. I replaced my MP sensor to no avail. I then replaced the vacuum line (several times) and even sent the new sensor back to GRT for analysis and confirmation that it was reading correctly. GRT confirmed the new sensor’s performance and returned it to me free of charge.They suggested (Ken and Eric) that I replace my ground wires to both the sensor and the EIS unit insuring they are grounded at a common point. It seems the MP sensor is extremely sensitive to milli-volt differences cause by grounding the sensor and EIS unit to different locations.

I did this (with great difficulty because I had to work on my back under the panel) but it did solve the problem. The MP is rock solid and reading as it should. Thanks GRT! Now if they’d just address their manuals.

If you’ve followed my GRT comments in the past you’ll remember that I expressed extreme frustration with their technical manuals and at times their product support. Well today I want to do the opposite in regards to their tech support staff.

I’ve been experiencing both high and erratic MP readings for a while. I replaced my MP sensor to no avail. I then replaced the vacuum line (several times) and even sent the new sensor back to GRT for analysis and confirmation that it was reading correctly. GRT confirmed the new sensor’s performance and returned it to me free of charge.They suggested (Ken and Eric) that I replace my ground wires to both the sensor and the EIS unit insuring they are grounded at a common point. It seems the MP sensor is extremely sensitive to milli-volt differences cause by grounding the sensor and EIS unit to different locations.

I did this (with great difficulty because I had to work on my back under the panel) but it did solve the problem. The MP is rock solid and reading as it should. Thanks GRT! Now if they’d just address their manuals.
I have been following your journey because I should be installing my system soon enough. Thanks for working this out for the rest of us.

Back