What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Horizon WS problem

mrblob

Well Known Member
I have a dual screen Horizon WS setup in my RV-7 and have been flying since 2009. I flew on Sunday without any issues. This afternoon, I flipped the master, and my secondary screen came up with most of the settings wrong. All of the serial ports were reassigned, the Nav database says its missing, and the EIS data is not complete. Unfortunately, I didn't have a backup. I pulled a backup from my number 1 display, and loaded it to number 2 figuring that would get me somewhat close. It fixed some problems, but there are still lingering issues. For example, my manifold pressure displays fine on the EIS, but not at all on the Horizon. Fuel pressure is accurate on the EIS, but completely wrong on the Horizon (maybe a scale problem?). When I save a change, and cycle power, the change is preserved. So, I'm not losing anything new at this point (at least, not in the small amount of trouble shooting I've done).

So, why would the display unit lose its settings? Why would EIS data only be partially accurately displayed? I haven't tried reloading the NAV database yet. I'm assuming my only real course of action is to start configuring again from the ground up, assuming there's not some greater issue behind this that requires repair?

Comments welcome.

Thanks Mike. Definitely learned my lesson about the backup! I called GRT, but their voicemail says they're all at Sun n' Fun. I figure between posting here and on the Yahoo group, I'll get some answers until I get a chance to talk to them.

Back