What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin 345 interface with AFS 3500 non-s

I know it’s a long shot but I’m trying to see if there is a way to display ads-b traffic and weather on the older 3500.

Current set up is a GTX 345 receiving encoded altitude (ALT FMT 1 25ft) from the EFIS via serial #2 transmitting (ICARUS).
The GTX 345 gets its GPS from the 430W and in turn the 430W receives ADS-B traffic and weather from the GTX345.

What is confusing me is the map on the EFIS 3500 will display METAR information on the EFIS map. Where is the EFIS getting this weather information? The fact it will display METAR info gives me hope that traffic and weather might be possible.

Attachments

• IMG_2114.jpeg
    IMG_2114.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 8
Last edited:
You have to have an old navworx or uavionix echoUAT. I have the echoUAT to get traffic on my AFS-4500s. EchoUAT is discontinued but they pop up used every so often. Navworx are hard to find due to an AD.

I have a Garmin GTX 345, Transponder, 430 W, with AFS 4500 EFIS in my RV-8. My AFS 4500 will not display traffic from the GTX 345, like previously said, you need a Navworx to accomplish that. It wasn’t worth it to me to buy and install the Navworx. I bought and use a Garmin Aera 660. It displays traffic from the GXT 345 plus a lot more.

Back