What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Touch Engine Bar Config.

AlexPeterson

Well Known Member
A couple weeks ago someone posted a screen shot of their G3X screen, and I snapped this picture. Unfortunately, I didn't keep track of which thread or who the poster was.

I would like to know how to get the MAP and RPM to display side-by-side as shown. The weakness in configuring the "Engine Bar" part of the EIS display has long bugged me, but this side by side display would allow me to display everything I want as in the picture.

Thanks -

Attachments

• someones G3X.jpg
    someones G3X.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 337
From the software change list for GDU 4xx version 9.31:

Improved density of EIS display on GDU 46x when EIS / engine bar layout preference is set to 'separate'

You can find that setting in the main menu under Setup --> Display.

Oh that's really nice! I wish I could remember all of these neat features, but I don't have the G3X manual memorized yet!

It's really nice how the new display can incorporate a variety of gauges.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-11-15 221631.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-11-15 221631.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 403
The 9.31 software release is the best and cleanest I've seen in a long while. Thanks to Garmin for getting it out...

Dave

That’s a photo of my G3X! I’m glad Matt chimed in because I can’t remember how I configured it :p

On my G3x EIS display, is there a way to change the order of the items? I would like the fuel and oil gauges (text version) to be together.

Back