What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Logic Signal

Bavafa

Well Known Member
Does anyone has an example of setting a logical signal for oil pressure alerts that are inhibited below a specific engine RPM? To be more specific, I like to setup one to inhibit the alert of oil pressure if my RPM is zero (engine off)

Does anyone has an example of setting a logical signal for oil pressure alerts that are inhibited below a specific engine RPM? To be more specific, I like to setup one to inhibit the alert of oil pressure if my RPM is zero (engine off)
I inhibit low oil pressure, low fuel pressure, and low fuel flow warnings when my engine is off:

Logic signal number X: Set by RPM between 0 and 500 and airspeed less than 50 knots and altitude below 300ft AGL. (The reason for the airspeed and altitude conditions is I do -not- want to inhibit the CAS message if I am in the air and my engine quits)

Then on the alerts, I use: "Require logic signal [edit:] clear" and configure signal X (6 in my case)

Last edited:
I inhibit low oil pressure, low fuel pressure, and low fuel flow warnings when my engine is off:
Thank Ryan for sharing but it looks like I am confused about this.
Logic signal number X: Set by RPM between 0 and 500 and airspeed less than 50 knots and altitude below 300ft AGL. (The reason for the airspeed and altitude conditions is I do -not- want to inhibit the CAS message if I am in the air and my engine quits)
I understand the this part of setting your logic signal and that makes sense to me.
Then on the alerts, I use: "Require logic signal set" and configure signal X (6 in my case
But the second part that you set the alert to "Require logic signal set" , wouldn't this cause the alert to get triggered and displace a CAS when you are on the ground?
Furthermore if this inhibits the CAS, then what causes the alert to get triggered when your RPM condition is not met (i.e engine quits in the air)

That’s what I get when I type too fast. It should have said “require logic signal clear”. I’ve edited the reply. If the engine stops mid air, the signal will be clear.

That’s what I get when I type too fast. It should have said “require logic signal clear”. I’ve edited the reply. If the engine stops mid air, the signal will be clear.
Thanks for clarifying and this is what I thought. Then do you have a regular alert which this condition will clear it. For example, a "Red Range + Alert" for the oil pressure of 0 thru XX which should get triggered if you are in the air and no oil pressure.

If so, I did set this up but it did not work. Maybe I had some other issue.

Thanks for clarifying and this is what I thought. Then do you have a regular alert which this condition will clear it. For example, a "Red Range + Alert" for the oil pressure of 0 thru XX which should get triggered if you are in the air and no oil pressure.

If so, I did set this up but it did not work. Maybe I had some other issue.
Managed to get over to the plane, here are the screens as I have them set up:

Attachments

• 20240402_084351.jpg
    20240402_084351.jpg
    212.2 KB · Views: 38
  • 20240402_084405.jpg
    20240402_084405.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 35
  • 20240402_084412.jpg
    20240402_084412.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 35
Managed to get over to the plane, here are the screens as I have them set up:
Ryan,
This is most helpful and thank you for that.
I learned something new here and that is that my understanding was any range settings that is tied to a logic (those with an asterisk ) will only work if it is tied to a logic number, hence why my setup didn't work. I had a Red range + alert that was not tied to a logic.

Thanks again

I applied this setting and it works but there is a delay in inhibiting it. When I power up the avionics, the CAS do come up for about 5-7 seconds and then they go away. This is despite the fact that the delay in the logic setting is set to 0 seconds.

I applied this setting and it works but there is a delay in inhibiting it. When I power up the avionics, the CAS do come up for about 5-7 seconds and then they go away. This is despite the fact that the delay in the logic setting is set to 0 seconds.
I have a similar issue with delay using a flap speed warning. I will get a CAS alert for “over speed“ even though I have already slowed down on downwind as I deploy flaps.

I have a similar issue with delay using a flap speed warning. I will get a CAS alert for “over speed“ even though I have already slowed down on downwind as I deploy flaps.
Hi Keith, Can you send us a flight data log and your configuration, from one of your recent flights where you saw this behavior? That will help us understand what you are seeing.

Thanks,

Justin

Hi Keith, Can you send us a flight data log and your configuration, from one of your recent flights where you saw this behavior? That will help us understand what you are seeing.

Thanks,

Justin
I don't think mine will show up on the data log since I observe this before even the engine starts but I do see it every single time. The delay is around 7-8 seconds.

Thanks,

Justin
I will do Justin. Traveling for the next couple weeks, so may be delayed.

Back