What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Selector to fuselage side fuel line (F-14109A-L)

Michael Burbidge

Well Known Member
I'm making my fuel lines as instructed on page 31-06. Just finished the left-side line and it seems pretty perfect except that the line will not fit down into the most outboard nylon bracket (F-01498A). The only way I can see that it would sit properly in that bracket is if the fuselage fitting (AN833-6D) were rotated significantly aft and the end of the fuel line was rotated significantly forward. But the drawing shows the fuselage fitting pretty much vertical.

Did you experience this same trouble?

image1 2.jpegUnknown.jpeg

I'm making my fuel lines as instructed on page 31-06. Just finished the left-side line and it seems pretty perfect except that the line will not fit down into the most outboard nylon bracket (F-01498A). The only way I can see that it would sit properly in that bracket is if the fuselage fitting (AN833-6D) were rotated significantly aft and the end of the fuel line was rotated significantly forward. But the drawing shows the fuselage fitting pretty much vertical.

Did you experience this same trouble?

View attachment 60462View attachment 60463
I was able to adjust the fuel line with a little soft persuasion so that it lines up in the nylon brackets correctly. No big deal.

Back