What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel Pressure Gauge Requirement

RV6_flyer

Well Known Member
Benefactor
I was a DARF for 10-years doing Amateur Built Experimental Initial Airworthiness Inspections. I have not been a DARF for over 6-years. I like to think that I know where to find REQUIREMENTS in the regulations. Was asked a question yesterday by a friend looking at an RV that did NOT have a fuel pressure gauge and he asked me where is the requirement for a fuel pressure gauge comes from.

My standard answer is that the Operating Limitations require that the aircraft have the instruments listed in 91.205 when flying night and or IFR. 91.205 did NOT apply to EXPERIMENTAL airplanes flying VFR DAY in the USA.

He came back a few hours later and said that 91.205 does not list fuel pressure gauge. Went and looked and found that Fuel Pressure Gauge not listed in 91.205.

I did a quick search of part 23 and found no requirement for fuel pressure gauge.

Both my friend and I think that a low wing aircraft like an RV should have a fuel pressure gauge but have been unable to find the REQUIREMENT that makes the gauge mandatory.

Anyone care to list a link to the requirement?

Last edited:
There is no requirement for a fuel pressure gauge. Prudent--maybe, Required--NO!

Current DAR-F & T

Back