What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

FUEL PRESS SENDER VDO

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
Hello all,

I need to replace my RV-10's VDO fuel pressure sender. It is using a VDO 0-5bar sender but when I look up on Spruce for this sender the only one I find says "oil pressure sender" and it says in the notes:

VDO pressure senders are not to be used with any type of fuel application.
VDO pressure senders are not suitable for use in aircraft.

https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/inpages/vdooilpressuresender.php?clickkey=24047

Is this just legal notes and is using this pressure sender for fuel PSI common practice?

Thanks

Charles

This is the part number you are looking for at ACS.

Part# 10-06581
MFR Model# 362-001

Good luck

Would this be the same fuel pressure VDO for a carbureted O-320? I haven’t pulled my cowl yet but I recently replaced my VDO oil pressure sender and it was very hard to find the part number. I imagine it will be the same for the VDO fuel pressure unit.

The 362-001 seems to be an 80 psi unit with two connectors. Mine also has two connectors.

Never mind. Somehow I found my Dynon receipt from 2006 and their carbureted sensor package included a VDO 360 043 fuel pressure sender. My VDO oil pressure lasted 11 years and this VDO fuel that I suspect is bad lasted 12 years. I’ve had good luck with them.

Back