What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Characteristics

JDA_BTR

Well Known Member
I'd like to develop curves for my engine/plane performance similar to what is published for my prior Piper/Cessna aircraft. Logging data is really easy with the G3X system installed. Has anyone built a flight plan around that I can review?

I'm in a RV-14 with a IO-390. It's really hot down here in Louisiana lately so the density altitudes are high.

I suppose the easiest thing to do is climb up to an altitude, fly 5-10 min at various power settings, down 500, repeat. Then some data analysis. Make some curves! There probably is a nice graphic package to do that but graph paper may be quicker.

Fortunately, there’s a book for that!

The new Flight Test Manual (and the Flight test Cards) from EAA has detailed instructions for flying the tests needed to come up with good POH charts and numbers. It will take some flying, but hey....its an excuse to go flying!

Fortunately, there’s a book for that!

The new Flight Test Manual (and the Flight test Cards) from EAA has detailed instructions for flying the tests needed to come up with good POH charts and numbers. It will take some flying, but hey....its an excuse to go flying!

Is a digital/ebook version still in the works?

Back