What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Filter Test Results

The Wix 51647 is not a cheap filter, but still only 40% the cost of a Champion 48110 filter. If there truly is a Wix product that is deemed suitable across the array of performance parameters required by our engines I'm thinking this might be the right way to go.

Consider this detail: the previously posted efficiency values (post #1) are the average for the entire test from beginning to termination at 10 psi deltaP. Performance declines as the filter loads with increasing amounts of test dust, which drags down the average. All of the depth media filters performed better early in the test.

As a practical matter, it means any of the three does a reasonable job if changed before they can load up with a lot of contamination material. We typically change at 50 hours or less, when most engines will have deposited very little material in the filter. You could probably run a filter 200 hours if willing to accept reduced efficiency as the filter loaded with more metals, silica, and carbon.

Here's hard data, in two formats, (a) comparison at 10, 30, and 60 minutes into the test, and (b), each filter at 10, 30, and 60.

Yes, there are differences in performance. However, before running out to grab a Wix 51515, note there are other very important factors in a filter decision, like bypass valve opening pressure and enclosure burst pressure. This chart only looks at filtration.

View attachment 60647
Thanks for the follow up data….that helps me to understan.

Any chance that the efficiency drops near the end of the test are due to the bypass valves starting to ”weep”some unfiltered oil?

Trends are similar for Tempest and Champion, which have higher bypass opening pressure. Looks like typical filter behavior.

ScreenHunter_2208 Apr. 14 22.57.jpg

If there truly is a Wix product that is deemed suitable across the array of performance parameters required by our engines…
What are those performance parameters? Certification requirements often include corner case operating conditions that few will ever see. I have been running Wix filters for years on all my aircraft engines even knowing the PN I use does not have quite the burst strength of the Champion, and the bypass pressure is a little lower. But I’m also not going to let my airplane sit on a frozen lake for a week and then do a cold start and immediately do a full throttle takeoff. Point being, as homebuilders, we have the power and responsibility to determine the performance parameters that apply to our mission. If that includes every corner of the certification envelope, so be it. If not, that’s OK too.

The Wix 51647 is not a cheap filter, but still only 40% the cost of a Champion 48110 filter. If there truly is a Wix product that is deemed suitable across the array of performance parameters required by our engines I'm thinking this might be the right way to go
The down side of that filter is that it is somewhat smaller. Dan's plots show that toward the end of the tests, the filter efficiency started to drop more quickly even on the standard sized filters. How many engine hours correspond to that drop? I don't know, maybe a hundred? So maybe the somewhat smaller filter is fine for us. Certainly the burst pressure and the bypass valve setting are more like what we are really looking for.

In hind sight, I remember taking my K&P S15 out of the package and thinking, "gee, 35 microns doesn't really seem like a fine enough filter", but I didn't know about the standards. And also, in fairness, sometimes standards are written to prescribe performance that is already being achieved, as if in this case paper media spin-on filters were in common use, so they may have just written the standard so that the available filters were in compliance, rather than based on some practical criteria. However, Dan's posting of the oil film thickness graph pretty much shows what filtration level is effective at protecting cylinder walls from wear. Seeing that, we all collectively said "duh - 35 microns is not sufficient".

I had another thought - about half in satire, and half as a realistic "maybe"question: how much toilet paper would you have to wrap that stainless screen with to get the proper amount of filtration? Yes, like I said, half kidding. But what if there was a simple drop-in paper element that would enhance the filtration and be disposable. The stainless steel screen would be relegated to just a support framework for the paper element I suppose. Still it would be a tidy package.

A lot of modern cars have filters now that rather than change out the metal filter housing, they have a plastic housing that you just swap out the paper element and put on a fresh o-ring. Oddly, those filters seem to cost just as much or more than the regular metal spin-on's. A lot less material, and yet the same or more cost. Why? cuz they can I suppose.

If we don't all flood the market at once, maybe we can sell these things on Ebay?
..a K&P body or similar with a removable paper inlet filter? That would be a nice solution.. good filtering and easy to inspect. My guess is, the body would need to get much bigger to accommodate the proper size of the paper filter element.

..a K&P body or similar with a removable paper inlet filter? That would be a nice solution.. good filtering and easy to inspect. My guess is, the body would need to get much bigger to accommodate the proper size of the paper filter element.
I agree. Similar to what some of the newer vehicles are using. Twice the money for 1/2 the filter
But would certainly make inspection of the filter a lot easier.

I agree. Similar to what some of the newer vehicles are using. Twice the money for 1/2 the filter
But would certainly make inspection of the filter a lot easier.
I had been running K&N HP1002 based on recommendation of Casper Labs. They were sold at Walmart. Walmart stopped carrying them and I think they changed manufacturers. Went to Wix 51348HP which crossed to the K&N HP1002 but no provision for safety wire. Cut every filter, every one pristine inside. Oil analysis from Blackstone says oil is clean.

I had been running K&N HP1002 based on recommendation of Casper Labs. They were sold at Walmart. Walmart stopped carrying them and I think they changed manufacturers. Went to Wix 51348HP which crossed to the K&N HP1002 but no provision for safety wire. Cut every filter, every one pristine inside. Oil analysis from Blackstone says oil is clean.

I also have been using the HP 1002 as recommended by Casper. Available in Canada at most auto supply stores etc. Can't find a flow spec but it is 550psi burst, 11-14psi PR, 98% at 30 microns, filters down to 10 but haven't found a percentage and has an anti-drain back valve. Oil changes at 50 hrs. Been using them for 10 years, over 1000 hrs on 3 different engines. I have no hard data to offer since I don't do oil analysis. No differences in the magnet /visual cut examinations between the 1002 and the Tempest or Champions I used to use. FWIW

The down side of that filter is that it is somewhat smaller.
…yet the same Champion filter is specified across a wide range of engine sizes - with the larger ones likely to load the media at a higher rate. This leads me to believe the media size is largely irrelevant for our typical use case and time change interval.

Published values for the HP-1002 look good, and the anecdotal reports are positive. However, a gentle reminder....we had similar manufacturer claims and anecdotes for the K&P/Challenger screen filters, and they turned out to be truly awful when tested for real.

I would be happy to arrange a few more filter runs at the lab if you guys want to fund it.

Regarding the five for which we have hard data, here's the one-graph summary of what most folks want to know, max efficiency for a clean filter:

Max Efficiency.jpg

What are those performance parameters? Certification requirements often include corner case operating conditions that few will ever see.

Purchased a copy of ARP-1400B, so we need not guess. Highlights (not all the detail specs):

Max dia 3.9" (the Wix 51601 noted previously is 4.282...but if an individual use has the space, who cares?)
There is no specified clean filter deltaP. Manufacturer choice.
Operating pressure is assumed to be 100 psig
Minimum proof pressure is 400 psig. Proof pressure means no deformation of the can.
Minimum burst pressure is 500 psig.
Must withstand temperature up to 300F.
90% efficiency at 40 μm and larger
75% efficiency at 25 μm
Short filter: capacity more than 15 grams at 8 psi deltaP
Element collapse deltaP more than 100 psig.
There are also pulse and vibration tests.

The most difficult standard is probably the cold start test. The filter is filled with oil and chilled at 15F for 4 hours, then 50W oil at 15F is pumped through it at 8 gpm for 15 to 25 seconds. It simulates an idiot starting a cold-soaked engine at full throttle, with a crankcase full of 100W. I don't know if an auto filter can do it. On the other hand, for me personally it would be a very, very rare corner case. I use multigrade, live in the Deep South, and on good days I'm not an idiot...

Last edited:
Well, that's going to drive up the demand for the Tempest and Champion filters...
I have been using the wix/napa 1515 for years and it was encouraging to see that it was the most effective filter in this test. Kind of surprised you wouldn't say the test would drive more people toward the Wix filters. 1/5 the price and better performance compared to the aviation filters.

Kind of surprised you wouldn't say the test would drive more people toward the Wix filters. 1/5 the price and better performance compared to the aviation filters.
But there are many Wix filters! Which one is the best application for our Lycoming engines?

Per Dan's previous post on the chunky monkey Wix 51601:

The 51601 has a lot of merit. As you say, the only real drawback is the 4.282" diameter. It does have an internal bypass valve. In a major departure from the two aviation filters, note the bypass is located on the base end, not the far end of the element assembly. It means a bypass opening can't sweep garbage off the face of the element and into the engine.

Here is how that interesting bypass works(this on a Mann filter, but same design) :

Looks like a nice feature to keep the oil clean.

Anyone have an opinion on the K&N HP-2004? Rated burst pressure is 550 PSI. Bypass pressure is 8-11. Its larger than the HP-1002, which suggests more filter media area. Has the nut on top for safety wire and easy removal.

But there are many Wix filters! Which one is the best application for our Lycoming engines?

There is no one best filter for a Lycoming. Takes at least two...

Does your filter adapter incorporate a built-in bypass valve? If so, you want a 48110 equivalent, i.e no bypass in the filter.

No built-in bypass valve? You want a 48108 equivalent with a bypass in the filter.

Now ask, why limit the choices to the Wix brand? Yep, they make good filters, but so do other folks. Pick some with the right criteria, and let's test.

Anyone have an opinion on the K&N HP-2004? Rated burst pressure is 550 PSI. Bypass pressure is 8-11. Its larger than the HP-1002, which suggests more filter media area. Has the nut on top for safety wire and easy removal.
I ran the K&N HP1002 on both Lycoming 0320 and IO360s. I cut the filter every time and washed the element then strained through filter paper. The filters looked new when cut and I only got a miniscule amount of what looked like carbon in the filter paper (wasn't magnetic). You could easily run the filters twice as long. The Wix filters ending in "XP" have synthetic element that gives even better filtration.

Mate two worm clamps 180 degrees opposed. One worm is the safety wire anchor, the other is an easy target to snug.

Last edited:
Put a worm clamp on the filter and use it as a safety wire anchor.
I have been trying to find a photo to show how to do what Sam is talking about. It can be done but if you never have done it, you may have a difficult time with an image in your mind on the how to. I know how to do it but am at a loss for words on how to explain it so that you can do it.

I have been trying to find a photo to show how to do what Sam is talking about. It can be done but if you never have done it, you may have a difficult time with an image in your mind on the how to. I know how to do it but am at a loss for words on how to explain it so that you can do it.
This is using a cable instead of safety wire.... The cable (wire) just goes under the screw head. Any extra band is cut off after fitted to filter case.
With the reusable cable loop, you can just loosen the clamp and make the cable as tight as you want.

Note....I do plan to remake the cable and run it around the temp nut CCW to reduce kinking of the cable.

Attachments

• 20230925_153856.jpg
    20230925_153856.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 190
Last edited:
Does your filter adapter incorporate a built-in bypass valve? If so, you want a 48110 equivalent, i.e no bypass in the filter.

One may also have an older filter adapter with 13/16-16 threads and integrated bypass...in that case it's WIX 51258

Just swapped filters today...back to WIX after the K&P experiment

I would like to know if there is some easy way to check my filter’s deltaP when I take it off my RV after 50 hours. Can I just hook up a known pressure to the filter IN and read pressure at the filter OUT? Or does this take a more suffocating rig that would be difficult for me to make in my shop? Will it cause a mess of oil squirting everywhere? I am guessing the deltaP is taken with filter full of oil as you are reading it real time during the test.
If the deltaP is still less than 1 psid then, based on the data DanH collected, I know how well my filter is still performing when I am removing it at 50 hours. Maybe we are already doing similar by cutting open the filter and inspecting except I can’t see particles down to these small microns.

I would like to know if there is some easy way to check my filter’s deltaP when I take it off my RV after 50 hours. Can I just hook up a known pressure to the filter IN and read pressure at the filter OUT? Or does this take a more suffocating rig that would be difficult for me to make in my shop? Will it cause a mess of oil squirting everywhere? I am guessing the deltaP is taken with filter full of oil as you are reading it real time during the test.
If the deltaP is still less than 1 psid then, based on the data DanH collected, I know how well my filter is still performing when I am removing it at 50 hours. Maybe we are already doing similar by cutting open the filter and inspecting except I can’t see particles down to these small microns.
You would need to generate a flow rate. For this 4548-12 test, it was 6 GPM. We usually assume 7 GPM for a Lycoming with a standard size pump.

I suspect it's not worth the trouble. For all these filters (all depth filters really), element deltaP does not rise significantly until heavily loaded, and I kinda doubt a good Lycoming loads the filter significantly in 50 hours. Here's how much material it takes to push deltaP past 1 psi.

deltaP at 1 psi.jpg

Forgot about flow rate being part of the pressure test. Yup, not worth the effort.
I thought knowing my deltaP would be a 4th way to determine how much junk my engine is creating besides checking screen, cutting open filter, and oil analysis.

On a complete tangent, are there specs on how much and what size particulate engine oil is required to hold in suspension?

Oh great, another oil thread.

I have one red flag after reading this. The Challenger filter has an STC and is FAA/PMA approved but Dan asks the question "Are STC applications public documents? The STC number appears to be SE02352CH. Responsible office is AIR-7C0: Chicago ACO Branch. Does this group know anyone there?" and yet the test that started this entire converstation is "Confidential". I applaud the quest for knowledge and the efforts of people on this forum who put in the time and share what they know. I just find this subject a bit overkill when we are applying this to an engine originally designed with nothing more than a screen, flown by pilots who rarely reach 25 hours within the 4 month oil change interval anyway. For more perspective, this is an engine where the manufacturer states that any trapped metal less than a teaspoon, is acceptable. Don't get me wrong, I think the use of an oil filter is very wise and any metal in your engine is not a good thing. I just like perspective.

Last edited:
Oh great, another oil thread.

I have one red flag after reading this. The Challenger filter has an STC and is FAA/PMA approved but Dan asks the question "Are STC applications public documents? The STC number appears to be SE02352CH. Responsible office is AIR-7C0: Chicago ACO Branch. Does this group know anyone there?" and yet the test that started this entire converstation is "Confidential". I applaud the quest for knowledge and the efforts of people on this forum who put in the time and share what they know. I just find this subject a bit overkill when we are applying this to an engine originally designed with nothing more than a screen, flown by pilots who rarely reach 25 hours within the 4 month oil change interval anyway. For more perspective, this is an engine where the manufacturer states that any trapped metal less than a teaspoon, is acceptable. Don't get me wrong, I think the use of an oil filter is very wise and any metal in your engine is not a good thing. I just like perspective.
Back in 1950 when most cars didn't have oil filters (first Chevy oil filter in 1956) engines seldom ran 100,000 miles and the oil change interval was 1,000 miles.

Concerning the bypass pressure issue - to double down on the provided data, it seems that it takes a lot of trash in the filter or VERY cold oil at high flow to initiate a bypass event. In practical terms my pea brain goes to the following places:

- A reasonably normally functioning Lycoming will not even come close to loading a cellulose filter at the normal 50 hour filter change/inspection interval. This means even the somewhat lower bypass pressures of the more popular automotive filters have plenty of excess capacity. In this scenario, the automotive and aviation spec filters will bypass the same - zero%.

- IF your Lycoming IS loading an automotive filter enough to bypass, then you have BIG problems under the hood and the slightly higher bypass pressure of the “aviation” filter is not going to help you much. - Unless you are returning from a combat mission and you need another 10 minutes of flying time to reach friendly lines before the engine finally locks up.

- IF you are triggering the bypass due to high viscosity on your automotive filter because you need to go to takeoff RPM with 15 degree, 50 weight oil in the sump, then you should probably stick to aviation spec filters. And consider buying a pre heater.

My earlier post questioned the “performance parameters”, and Dan responded with the relevant specifications (Thanks). The specifications are good to know, but even better to understand “why” they exist. I have no particular insight into how these specifications were derived, but to Dans point, I’ll bet that the high bypass and burst pressure are directly related to high viscosity, single weight oil and the very plausible circumstance of a cold start and/or takeoff in sub zero temps. And even in that edge case, a few minutes on the ground warming up will substantially reduce the over pressure due to the molasses like oil. Once warm, the danger of the burst can or bypass event is essentially gone. I say “essentially” because I don’t like using absolutes on the internet, but I’ve yet to hear of a 500 PSI oil pressure event while in flight and can’t imagine the mechanical circumstance that would allow it.

The above is a lot of words to “justify” my use of the slightly lower burst and bypass automotive spec filter. I am aware that they do not exactly match some key specifications of the aviation filter, and I modify my operations to accommodate that limitation. Not that it’s much of a modification - I am unlikely to ever find myself in sub zero cold soak start without pre heat, and even if I do, I will always take the few minutes to warm the oil before takeoff - unless the zombies are coming…. Then I’ll push it up and takeoff early.

Indeed, but in a radical departure from much of the content on this forum, this one provides hard data. I welcome all threads with real data.
Wix list the specifications of their oil filters to include dimensions and bypass settings. There is a website that deals exclusively with oil and oil filters which is a wealth of information.

Yes, I’m familiar. And I’ve done some “specification shopping” as a result. It is exactly this resource that I was thinking of when I suggested there is probably a drop in cellulose element to replace the stainless mesh of the “reusable” units mentioned in this thread.

"In the beginning -- the engine had no filter. And the people rose up and made a great noise. 'Make our TBO 2000 hours like the Turbine-ites', and so it was done."

- Lycogenesis 1:1

(ROFL)

Personally, I want to eliminate as much wear/tear from my engine as feasible - this data helps make good choices to that end. Next up, getting the Sand (silicon, SiO2) out.

Lots of discussion on filter bypass need/reason/setpoint/etc. If this fact has been mentioned, I haven't seen it while scanning here.

The oil system pressure is provided by a positive displacement pump directly driven by the engine. Like any fluid system, the system pressure is created by backpressure from the downstream system. Governance of such is the oil pressure "regulator" (actually also a relief valve). For a given RPM (and oil viscosity), pump outlet flow will change very little with varying system (back) pressure though system flow downstream of the OP reg will obviously to a typically very small degree .

The filter bypass is an internal relief valve whose setting should be determined by the lowest pressure of consequence. Most surely, this is the collapse/failure pressure of the filter media. If this happens, the most likely scenario is localized lube starvation from liberated filter media clogging downstream passages.

So when choosing a filter it needs to have it's own bypass or the element collapse DP needs to be determined and higher than the any existing housing set point. Will it matter 99.999x% of the time? No, but the reason for any dedicated filter bypass needs to be understood, IMO.

is there any way to safety wire the wix filter?
No. IMHO, there is no need to safety wire an oil filter if one knows how to properly install it. Opinions may vary, but this style of oil filter has been installed on literally 100's of millions of cars over the last 100 years with no safety wire. If the filter falls off, the engine seizes and becomes a door stop, so pretty sure if there was a real risk of this happening, we would have heard about it by now and someone would have started using safety wire. Heck I cannot buy a car with will start or go into gear unless my doors are closed and foot is on brake. Manufacturers will no longer let me do things in my own car that can result in a lawsuit. I can't believe they would sell me a filter that could fall off and result in a very large claim or lawsuit,

Last edited:
This is one way to safety wire a filter that doesn't have the wire anchor on the end of it. This is the "worm clamp" method I mentioned in an earlier post.

IMG_20240416_125157334.jpg

No. IMHO, there is no need to safety wire an oil filter if one knows how to properly install it. Opinions may vary, but this style of oil filter has been installed on literally 100's of millions of cars over the last 100 years with no safety wire. If the filter falls off, the engine seizes and becomes a door stop, so pretty sure if there was a real risk of this happening, we would have heard about it by now and someone would have started using safety wire. Heck I cannot buy a car with will start or go into gear unless my doors are closed and foot is on brake. Manufacturers will no longer let me do things in my own car that can result in a lawsuit. I can't believe they would sell me a filter that could fall off and result in a very large claim or lawsuit,
Because that's the way we've always done it! Obviously not the mantra of the Experimental Community! I swapped out my 'permanent' filter for a Champion yesterday and was amazed what 15-17 ft/lbs felt like!! :oops::oops::oops: I have one of those Fancy Wrenches that hooks on to the nut thing at the end of aviation filters. I hand-tightened it and then hit it with the Fancy Wrench. It turned and turned and turned and I thought Is this right? I went so far as getting out my old 1" crow foot I used before the Fancy Wrench to make sure I was torquing it correctly. And it kept turning!! The 1/4 turn the permanent filter took from hand-tight was still in my mind, I guess. I had already forgotten how much a 'real' filter needs to turn to compress that chunky gasket! There is NO FREAKING WAY that filter is going to somehow work its way off of that engine! Did I safety wire it? Yes. Why? Because that's the way we've always done it! 😂🤣😂🤣

Because that's the way we've always done it! Obviously not the mantra of the Experimental Community! I swapped out my 'permanent' filter for a Champion yesterday and was amazed what 15-17 ft/lbs felt like!! :oops::oops::oops: I have one of those Fancy Wrenches that hooks on to the nut thing at the end of aviation filters. I hand-tightened it and then hit it with the Fancy Wrench. It turned and turned and turned and I thought Is this right? I went so far as getting out my old 1" crow foot I used before the Fancy Wrench to make sure I was torquing it correctly. And it kept turning!! The 1/4 turn the permanent filter took from hand-tight was still in my mind, I guess. I had already forgotten how much a 'real' filter needs to turn to compress that chunky gasket! There is NO FREAKING WAY that filter is going to somehow work its way off of that engine! Did I safety wire it? Yes. Why? Because that's the way we've always done it! 😂🤣😂🤣
need to be cautious about over doing it though. The rubber gets harder during the heat cycling and has the effect of increasing the torque. If you do a lot of these, you begin to notice that they are only tightened by hand, yet require significant force with a spanner tool to get them off. I helped a neighbor get a filter off his 172. It was REALLYYYYY tight. Owner had long since ripped off the hex nut on the end of the filter trying to get it off and I bent at least two different tools trying to get it off, though I eventually did. Please don't fall into that " if tight is good, REALLY tight must be REALLY good" trap.

need to be cautious about over doing it though. The rubber gets harder during the heat cycling and has the effect of increasing the torque. If you do a lot of these, you begin to notice that they are only tightened by hand, yet require significant force with a spanner tool to get them off. I helped a neighbor get a filter off his 172. It was REALLYYYYY tight. Owner had long since ripped off the hex nut on the end of the filter trying to get it off and I bent at least two different tools trying to get it off, though I eventually did. Please don't fall into that " if tight is good, REALLY tight must be REALLY good" trap.
The Champion filter has "Torque to 16-18ft/lbs....' printed on the filter itself. The Fancy Wrench ticks off at a pre-loaded 17ft/lbs. I've used the Fancy Wrench for years without any problems removing the filter. I suppose less than that would be sufficient but just following the manufacturers recommendations. My point was the difference between the 'permanent' filter movement to torque specs and the Champion filter movement. 😊 PS: I did not pay $104.75 for the Fancy Wrench as it is listed in the ACS catalog!:oops: Sure is handy, though!

Tips For Changing Your Spin-On Oil Filter | Lycoming
The filter should then be installed and hand-tightened until the seating surface makes contact with the lubricated gasket. The filter should then be turned with a torque wrench until a torque of 18-20 foot pounds is reached. The 20-foot pound maximum torque should not be exceeded.

www.lycoming.com/content/tips-changing-your-spin-oil-filter

Not even NASCAR safety wires oil filters.

The Champion filter has "Torque to 16-18ft/lbs....' printed on the filter itself. The Fancy Wrench ticks off at a pre-loaded 17ft/lbs. I've used the Fancy Wrench for years without any problems removing the filter. I suppose less than that would be sufficient but just following the manufacturers recommendations. My point was the difference between the 'permanent' filter movement to torque specs and the Champion filter movement. 😊 PS: I did not pay $104.75 for the Fancy Wrench as it is listed in the ACS catalog!:oops: Sure is handy, though!

Tips For Changing Your Spin-On Oil Filter | Lycoming
The filter should then be installed and hand-tightened until the seating surface makes contact with the lubricated gasket. The filter should then be turned with a torque wrench until a torque of 18-20 foot pounds is reached. The 20-foot pound maximum torque should not be exceeded.

View attachment 60820

that is why most auto filters say contact + 3/4 turn.... It equals 16 to 18 ft lbs. without using a torque wrench.
Very simple and it has worked for millions of filter changes.

DON'T USE HAND TIGHT + 3/4 TURN...... Use only CONTACT then 3/4 turn.
On your next filter change, screw on to contact and mark the top of the filter, then torque it to 17ft#
and see where the mark on the filter ends up.

To be REALLY cautious shouldn’t the safety wire run thru the slot in the worm gear screw head, to keep it from backing off?
Sure......why not. But this thread has already taken the position that safe tying isn't necessary.

Guess we better add a second wire in case one of them breaks.........or maybe another clamp......... ;)

The first two items leaping to mind are can burst pressure and a rather low bypass valve opening pressure. Both are of lesser concern for owners in warmer climates, and using multi grade.
I have looked at a lot of physical specs and found better choices within the Wix lineup...but that's a subject for another time.
And . . . . some very good possibilities in the Baldwin line too. Burst, pulsation, and bypass are up to diesel standards so, that would not be an issue.

Back