What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon Touch & VP-X Question

Xkuzme1

Well Known Member
New to me project. So tough to get up to speed…

Dynon Touch, with Vertical Power VP-X sport.

How I do reset the “Circuit breaker” for the Dynon Touch.

Thanks y’all.

X

Follow up… answering my own question.

I connected the laptop to the VPX. It was selected “always on”, but under system status it showed an extremely slight voltage overload. I reset it and all came back.

But how can it be set to “always on” but still fail due to a voltage issue. What if I’m on the road and don’t have my laptop. Seems like a bad idea to only have the ability to reset on a computer. It needs a local reset option. Or maybe the voltage peramiters need to be a little more forgiving.

I have the ability to reset CB from the Dynon. What is more of the issue is resetting the CB for the dynon when the dynon is the inop.

There needs to be a reset for the dynon in the VPX outside of a laptop.

Amperage issue not voltage

Follow up… answering my own question.

I connected the laptop to the VPX. It was selected “always on”, but under system status it showed an extremely slight voltage overload. I reset it and all came back.

But how can it be set to “always on” but still fail due to a voltage issue. What if I’m on the road and don’t have my laptop. Seems like a bad idea to only have the ability to reset on a computer. It needs a local reset option. Or maybe the voltage peramiters need to be a little more forgiving.

You have an amperage issue not voltage. I don’t have Dynan (Garmin) but look at the wiring size and determine what is the maximum amperage you can assign to the circuit. If you draw more amperage than the circuit you specified of course it will fail.

I have the ability to reset CB from the Dynon. What is more of the issue is resetting the CB for the dynon when the dynon is the inop.

There needs to be a reset for the dynon in the VPX outside of a laptop.

You can solve this by using a backup battery for the EFIS. That way, if the main power breaker trips, the display can still be used to reset the breaker (and look at what the actual type of fault was).

Back