What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Digital level from Harbor Freight

level

will one of these take the place of the smart tool ? for doing the wing mount ?

Danny..

Beam or No Beam

Just offering some additional input...

If I were buying a digital protractor/level, I would buy one that was just the module (digital protractor), and not one mounted in a level. I say this because it is sometimes convenient to be able to fit it in tight spaces instead of having to deal with a 24” beam. I haven’t seen one that allows you to remove the module from the beam, and I have seen comments from other builders verifying that they are not removable and wishing they were. You can always just put the module on top of a regular beam level, or Cleveland Tools and Avery sell aftermarket beams (24" and 8" models) that will accept the module.

060521_001.jpg

Just my $.02... YMMV. Good luck!

Last edited:
Last edited:
alpinelakespilot2000 said:
Sears online now has the module...
Great stuff Steve! I scoured their web site yesterday looking for it, even browsing the "Levels & Protractors" category, but couldn't find it. Go figure! :eek: ;)

Last edited:
Sears is now out of stock on the item.

alpinelakespilot2000 said:
Sears online now has the module that Brad found at OSH. It's on sale until the 18th. Far lower price ($72.79) than I found through Amazon (about $115). Thanks for the heads up, Brad, that Sears might be carrying it! I just ordered it. Fuselage should be flipped within the next 2 weeks, so I'm pretty close to needing it.

http://www.sears.com/sr/javasr/product.do?pid=00939756000&vertical=Sears&BV_UseBVCookie=Yes

Back