What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

DH Products Flight Control Grip 100-450

RV_7A

Well Known Member
Inspired by the pics on this site I couldn't wait to get my own. To fit it into the -7 passengers control tube, the inserts OD needs to be turned down to .733 to fit inside the tube. After machining it down, a hole was drilled for the locking screw to pass though. Then the insert was JB Welded into place. This grip is very solid and fits your hand perfectly with either hand. They offer a good discount for multiples in an order. I highly recommend this product!

www.chproducts.com

GRIP%20011.jpg

GRIP%20010.jpg

GRIP%20009.jpg

Last edited:
Toy or not?

When I first saw these I wondered if they were of high enough quality. Does it seem durable and tough enough. How do the buttons feel. It looked a lot like a toy to me (they do make good game gear).

Did you have it prewired? What is your planned switch layout?

Paul

Toy or not?

Paul,

It seems very solid and it comes prewired. I would say it is very high value overall. As far as the switch layout, the choice is yours. Mine will be very basic with switches left over. They rate the switch life on each at 3,000,000 cycles.

I looked at the CH products website, but can't find a price. If you don't mind my asking, what did you pay for the grip?

Thanks in advance.

RW

They give a discount on 2 or more. I ordered 2 and got them for $98 each. I don't remember what the price is if you order just one. I think it was about $125 but I'm not certain.

Back