What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Desperate need for prop spinner - RV 8A

[email protected]

I'm New Here
My prop from an experimental manufacturer has left me AOG. Some people at Van's and Hartzell have been a great help in getting me a new propeller, but now I am stuck without a spinner and mounting kit for the new prop. The backlog at Van's is 10 weeks or more, I am told.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get my aircraft back in the air, at least to its home base where I can put it in a hangar? Its a Hartzell constant speed aluminum 2 blade blended airfoil prop C2YR-1BFP/F7497.

This is my first experience replacing a prop. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

Hello Reid - I have a twenty-year old spinner that came off my RV-8 when I changed from a Hartzell To a Whirlwind prop that is sitting on the shelf. Fully fitted for a Hartzell BA - you should be able to bolt it right on… oh, You’ll probably need to slot the forward bulkhead or drill new holes, because where those end up is random with each prop. PM me if interested. I can tell you that shipping a spinner across the country is not cheap these days….did that recently….but it’s probably better than being grounded. Where are you based in Houston?

Last edited:
My prop from an experimental manufacturer has left me AOG. Some people at Van's and Hartzell have been a great help in getting me a new propeller, but now I am stuck without a spinner and mounting kit for the new prop. The backlog at Van's is 10 weeks or more, I am told.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to get my aircraft back in the air, at least to its home base where I can put it in a hangar? Its a Hartzell constant speed aluminum 2 blade blended airfoil prop C2YR-1BFP/F7497.

This is my first experience replacing a prop. Any suggestions greatly appreciated!

I have a complete aluminum spinner that fits your prop. It is all complete with back plate and front plate.
You are welcome to use it to get home or if you want to buy it, we can make a deal as well.

PM me if interested in either borrowing or buying.

Back