What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Control stick deflection

hcccs

Well Known Member

I am installing my seats and seat cushions and I will probably need to make a cutout at the front of the front seat cushion. I made a 4?" hole for the control stick deflection but I don't know if that is enough. This will be evident when the wings and tail come on and I can test but I need to know now. Can anyone give advice on this?

Hans, that hole will not be big enough. I have looked for a photo which shows the hole in my -4 but can only find this rather poor one. In fact the hole was enlarged a little after that picture was taken, but at least it shows the hole will end up as a rectangle. (Obvious when you think about it, but a surprise at first to me also.)

I would not worry too much at this stage, just be prepared to keep making it bigger once you have the control surfaces connected.

I agree with Steve on probably needing to enlarge the hole to a rectangle down the line. Watch your fuel selector valve location as well. You can see in the picture my seat cushion (before recovering and stick boot installed). The stick does press slightly into the seat cushion at full back but not enough that I notice it. Of course the size of your cushion may differ. Best bet would be to wait until your seat back is in and in the proper position, then measure.

Back