What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Cabin Door Hinges

I looked for quite a while and only found a fiberglass reinforcement product for the hinges. I wonder how many of us are waiting on hinges?

I looked for quite a while and only found a fiberglass reinforcement product for the hinges. I wonder how many of us are waiting on hinges?

How long is quite awhile? Just doesn't seem that difficult to out source hinges. And apparently who VANS is using isn't a good option. I too would like to know how many 10's are being held up because of the hinges. I"m sure this is taking a back seat to the laser cut fiasco.

How long is quite awhile? Just doesn't seem that difficult to out source hinges. And apparently who VANS is using isn't a good option. I too would like to know how many 10's are being held up because of the hinges. I"m sure this is taking a back seat to the laser cut fiasco.

The pivot point holes are not in line with the attach plates and therefore will not have success with COTS hinges. If the delay is bad, I would be willing to make some, but would need detailed drawings from Vans. Pretty confident that they are welded in a jig or at least drilled in a jig and I would probably have to make one also. Therefore only interested if there is some volume.

Last edited:
Back