What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Brent Anderson goes west; From Chapter 105 email

Roy Thoma

Well Known Member
BRENT ANDERSON, a past president and longtime member of EAA Chapter 105 passed away October 25, 2023, after a short battle with cancer. He is survived by his wife Kathleen Birchfield. Brent built an RV-4 which first flew in 2000. He made several innovations, including a custom cooling plenum, retractable tie-down rings, custom elevator trim wheel, and his Tail Lynx tail-wheel springs adopted by many RV builders. He made several trips to Oshkosh (Airventure) in the aircraft, in company with other members of the Home Wing and EAA Chapter 105. He was the leader of the RV-12 build in the chapter’s hangar G1 that became the basis of the flying club in hangar G2 at Twin Oaks Airpark. He was a regular on the First Saturday of the Month chapter breakfast crew, and also an early mentor in the Teen Flight program. He was a leader and asset of EAA Chapter 105 and will be sorely missed.

Attachments

• BrentA 1.jpg
    BrentA 1.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 129
  • BrentA 2.jpg
    BrentA 2.jpg
    333.4 KB · Views: 118
  • BrentA 3.jpg
    BrentA 3.jpg
    376 KB · Views: 118
  • BrentA 4.jpg
    BrentA 4.jpg
    333 KB · Views: 113
  • BrentA 5.jpg
    BrentA 5.jpg
    250.2 KB · Views: 102
Thx for the notice Roy.

God Speed Brent.
He hangared close to Randall and I and his beautiful 4 was an inspiration. I also watched as he developed the Tail Lynx and I incorporated it on my aircraft.

Good guy and sorry to see him go.

Such a lovely guy and his RV-4 a true example of builder art. Blue skies, Brent.

Attachments

• 5686819390_cc79265829_o.jpg
    5686819390_cc79265829_o.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 117
I didn't know him well but spoke with him on numerous occasions over the years. Very sorry and surprised to hear of his passing. It seems like I saw him at the 1st Saturday breakfast not that long ago. Very, very nice man.

Tailwinds

I was very saddened to learn of Brent's passing. I first met him at an RV builder's meeting in the early '90s, and over the years we shared builder's tips and help, and also many flying experiences. More recently, we only connected occasionally but I'll always remember that infectious grin under his big moustache. Tailwinds Brent.

Attachments

• brent_anderson_1024.jpg
    brent_anderson_1024.jpg
    301.3 KB · Views: 114
Brent Anderson Celebration of Life, 12/3/23

From a EAA Chapter 105 newsletter:

Brent Anderson Celebration of Life

A potluck supper will be held at the breakfast hangar at Twin Oaks Airpark on Sunday, December 3, 2023 at 2:00 p.m. to celebrate the life of Brent Anderson, long time chapter member and past president who passed away October 25, 2023.

Please direct us to more details on the potluck dinner/celebration of life .........

Greg,

I posted the info from an email that included what, when and where. I don’t have anything else to add. Suggest contacting someone on. The chapter 105 board or just go to the breakfast Sat and ask for more information.

When I lived in Hillsboro my hangar was close to Brent’s and I’m sorry to hear he passed. Warm, friendly, helpful gentleman.

Regards,

Back