What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Braided brake hose

Thanks Sam. Sounds good in that regard.

Now what about Mike's question. I guess it will be a bad day if there is ever that much suction on one of these hoses but it is still a good question.

rubber vs teflon

Bonaco chose to make these hoses out of Teflon instead of rubber because of the service life problems with rubber. When asked, they told me at least 10 years, but from what I've read elsewhere, they could last much longer before seeing any signs of cracking.

Manufacturer's data sheets

Thanks Sam. Sounds good in that regard.

Now what about Mike's question. I guess it will be a bad day if there is ever that much suction on one of these hoses but it is still a good question.

Mike/Brian

Good question on the vacuum... and, as always, the manufacturer's data sheet is a good place to look for real information.

The Aeroquip hose is "Teflon Racing Hose" in their catalog and the specifications are on Page 18 of his document...

http://hydraulics.eaton.com/products/pdfs/fc/A-SPPE-MC001-E2.pdf

It is good for a vacuum of 28 inches of mercury.. which would be very difficult to "suck flat"....:)

gil A - looking at data sheets again....

Teflon Hose vacuum ratings

I thought you weren't supposed to use flexible fuel line before the fuel pump (i.e. the suction side) since in theory a flexible line could collapse and cause fuel starvation under the right circumstance.

The vacuum ratings for smooth bore Teflon® hose are as follows:

Hose Size Inches of Hg
-03 Teflon® 28
-04 Teflon® 28
-05 Teflon® 28
-06 Teflon® 28
-08 Teflon® 28
-10 Teflon® 28
-12 Teflon® 28
-16 Teflon® 28

Bonaco, Inc.

Last edited by a moderator:
brake line lengths

I want to order the braided lines from the firewall to the brakes (running down the undercarriage legs) on my RV7. I have not yet installed the engine mount and wheels so does anyone who has installed these have the tube lengths handy

Many thanks

Shiney:)

BUMP

Anyone figure out these lengths. I did a rough measurement tonight with some wire and looks like from the firewall to left side is 66", to the right is 43".

Anyone else measure?

Anyone figure out these lengths. I did a rough measurement tonight with some wire and looks like from the firewall to left side is 66", to the right is 43".

Anyone else measure?

I have the following information:

-3 St to St (w/-4 nuts each end) 66-3/4" in length.
-3 St to St (w/-4 nuts each end) 48-1/4" in length.

But as always, please check the length for your build.

Does anyone know off hand the length of the brake hoses required for a -9A from the gear leg weldment down to the brake calipers? I'm assuming these would be -3 hose with -4 straight fittings on each end.

I'm getting ready to put in an order with Bonaco.

depends-

Some guys run rigid tube along the gear legs and a short flex hose to the caliper. Some run the entire length in hose. Your bulkheads at the top mount are -4, (unless you made your cabin lines -3),so make sure you get -4 hose ends at the top side. -3 hose is fine, especially the covered hose. You can change the caliper fittings to AN822-3D (90*).
Hope this helps!
Tom

Bruce,

I have a set of gently used bonaco hoses from my 9A (being converted to a 9, so need different hoses). Sent you a pm.

greg

Back