What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bakersfield Parking

N8DAV8R

Well Known Member
I'm out of Tracy and need to do occasional business in Bakersfield. That trip is kind of a sweet spot where my RV-12 is a good solution. The airplane was recently completed and I do not (yet) have any kind of canopy lock. With various things I'm chasing, that's pretty low on my priority list.

Is there a safe place to park in Bakersfield? I'm assuming I can get a ride share to where I need to go, but would leave the plane for most of the day. Possibly overnight. Any advice from the locals?

Been a while since I was visiting Bakersfield regularly, (not a local) but as I recall . . .
Bakersfield Muni (L45) is in a sketchy part of town but is small and more GA friendly (and cheaper gas).
Meadows Field (BFL) is a larger operation and you park your little plane at a jet center style FBO.
Shafter-Minter (MIT) is a good spot (lots of cool EXP there) if not too far out.

Epic

I, too, do business in Bakersfield. I negotiated a deal with Epic for keeping my plane in the hangar. They have a good 2 hr free car loaner program (can be extended for a rate) or can arrange a rental. Always been real good with service.

Back