What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

April (was October) Trip to the Bahamas

Another RV Treasure Cay group for SNF weekend

Hi guys,

Kirk's weekend for the trip is scheduled for the first weekend in April. My wife(an RN) had already schedule off the 2nd week and can't change it. Therefore, we are omitted from joining Kirk's group.

We are still considering going the weekend of 4/11-4/13 and want to know if anyone is game for that weekend?

We plan on leaving friday morning and returning sunday.

I don't want to infringe on Kirk's group but thought this might be an option for others who can't make it that week.

International Operations

YOU FOLKS PLANNING FLIGHTS OUT OF THE COUNTRY TAKE NOTE........

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Language Proficiency Requirements
An InFO contains valuable information for operators that should help them meet certain administrative, regulatory, or operational requirements with relatively low urgency or impact on safety.

Subject: International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Language Proficiency Requirements

Purpose: To provide compliance information regarding the ICAO Language Proficiency standards for operating internationally.

Applicability: All persons who currently hold a United States (U.S.) private pilot, commercial pilot, airline transport pilot (ATP), flight engineer (FE), and flight navigator certificate with an airplane or helicopter rating.

Background: Effective March 5, 2008, ICAO Annex 1 (Personnel Licensing) standards require that all private, commercial or ATPs as well as FEs and flight navigators operating internationally as required crewmembers of an airplane or helicopter have an airman certificate with an endorsement of language proficiency. In the case of persons holding a U.S. airman certificate, the language proficiency endorsement will state ?English Proficient?
Discussion: The language proficiency endorsement on the airman certificate is an ICAO standard; there is no U.S. regulatory requirement for airmen operating U.S.-registered aircraft within the U.S. as required crewmembers to have an English proficiency endorsement on their U.S. airman certificate. There are, however, long-standing FAA requirements for actual English proficiency pertaining to the basic eligibility for a U.S. airman certificate. The current rules in Title 14 of the Code of Federal Regulations (14 CFR) parts 61, 63 and 65 require that the applicant be able to read, write, speak and understand English. For more information, see: http://www.faa.gov/other_visit/aviat...attachment.pdf

To satisfy the ICAO language proficiency endorsement requirement, on February 11, 2008, the FAA is making available replacement certificates for affected airmen with the additional endorsement ? ?English Proficient?. All affected airman certificate holders are considered to have met the ICAO English language proficiency requirements based on the eligibility requirements of parts 61, 63 and 65. The FAA?s issuance of an ?English Proficient? endorsement on a U.S. airman certificate attests that the airman meets the Level 4 operational standards found in ICAO Annex 1 (a copy of the ICAO Level 4 criteria is attached).

The FAA is not changing its certification standard or basic process as to how our designated examiners and inspectors conduct FAA English proficiency and fluency eligibility evaluations.

Approved by: AFS-200 OPR: AFS-800, AFS-700 Approved by: AFS-200 OPR: AFS-800, AFS-700

We merely recognize that our existing English proficiency evaluation standards include ICAO level 4 language proficiency requirements. (We will update FAA Order 8900.1/ Flight Standards Information Management System (FSIMS), FAA Advisory Circular 60-28, and the Aviation Medical Examiners? Guide accordingly).

Availability: In order to obtain a replacement certificate with the ?English Proficient? endorsement, the affected airman certificate holder may submit an on-line request to the FAA through the FAA Web site FAA - Airmen Certification airmen_services/, or by mail to Federal Aviation Administration, Airmen Certification Branch, AFS-760, P.O. Box 25082, Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0082. The signed, written request must include the following information: name, date and place of birth, social security number and/or certificate number, the reason you need a replacement and a current address. The cost to the airman is $2.00. Replacement certificates will be available starting on February 11, 2008. (Please note: if you hold an airman certificate based on a foreign license (14 CFR ?? 61.75, 63.42), you must comply with the current procedures for obtaining a replacement certificate. You must have a valid verification letter of authenticity on file in the Airmen Certification Branch. You will need to contact a Flight Standards District Office or an International Field Office in person, submitting a copy of your verification letter of authenticity, a completed FAA Form 8710-1 and positive identification. Airman certificates affected by the ICAO language proficiency requirements issued on and after February 11, 2008, will be issued with the ?English Proficient? endorsement. This includes all new airman certificates that are issued on the basis of a foreign license/certificate after February 11, 2008.

Recommended action: All private, commercial or ATP as well as FEs and flight navigators should hold a replacement certificate with the ?English Proficient? endorsement when operating internationally as required crewmembers of an airplane or helicopter.

Contact: Please direct questions about this InFO to the General Aviation and Commercial Division, AFS-800 at (202) 267-8212.

YOU FOLKS PLANNING FLIGHTS OUT OF THE COUNTRY TAKE NOTE........

International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Language Proficiency Requirements
An InFO contains valuable information for operators that should help them meet certain administrative, regulatory, or operational requirements with relatively low urgency or impact on safety.

Subject: International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Language Proficiency Requirements

Purpose: To provide compliance information regarding the ICAO Language Proficiency standards for operating internationally.

Applicability: All persons who currently hold a United States (U.S.) private pilot, commercial pilot, airline transport pilot (ATP), flight engineer (FE), and flight navigator certificate with an airplane or helicopter rating.

Background: Effective March 5, 2008, ICAO Annex 1 (Personnel Licensing) standards require that all private, commercial or ATPs as well as FEs and flight navigators operating internationally as required crewmembers of an airplane or helicopter have an airman certificate with an endorsement of language proficiency. In the case of persons holding a U.S. airman certificate, the language proficiency endorsement will state “English Proficient

Ordered mine a few days ago. $2.00

Hi guys,

Kirk's weekend for the trip is scheduled for the first weekend in April. My wife(an RN) had already schedule off the 2nd week and can't change it. Therefore, we are omitted from joining Kirk's group.

We are still considering going the weekend of 4/11-4/13 and want to know if anyone is game for that weekend?

We plan on leaving friday morning and returning sunday.

I don't want to infringe on Kirk's group but thought this might be an option for others who can't make it that week.

Made reservations today for Treasure Cay for the weekend of 4/11-4/13.
They honored Kirk's price quote for $136/night which represents a 20% discount. Thank you Kirk for doing the leg work on this.

No Problem:D
I hope you guys have a great time!!
We are still leaving FPR on the 4th and return on the 7th
Will let you know how it goes:)

Treasure Cay

My daughter and I were there last June.
"Let me give you a little advice....." (words I always hate to hear)

1) rent a golf cart
2) take a prepaid phone card or use internet phone.
3) not sure about wireless, but they have computers in the lobby for guests to use for $5 a pop.
4) car rentals are difficult and really uneccessary unless you plan to drive to Marsh Harbour which has a nice marina, restaurants and gift shops.
5) kayaking along the shoreline rocks!
6) scuba/snorkling is good to do, too
7) we didn't go fishing but I bet that would be fun
8) Oh yeah, summer months are hot, April should be really nice

Otherwise, Treasure Cay is a great, self contained resort. Chillin' on the beach or by the pool is the best.

Back