What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anything better than TS Flightlines??

Freemasm

Well Known Member
I'll answer my own question. Yes, their customer service.

Needed a fitting on one of their lines re-clocked after a re-route. Sent it to Tom who reworked it and had it back in the shippers hands for return to me later the same day. I've used them exclusively on this build and the the quality of their products and customer service continues to impress.

Anyone who has used them already knows this, of course. So much respect and appreciation for the way they do business.

Yes, And

Yes to everything about TS Flightlines. They provide a great service, and are very reasonable. In many cases I could not purchase the component pieces for what a finished and tested line costs from them.

AND

I learned this same lesson when doing my installation and very quickly learned to NOT have lines that needed to be clocked. I managed to redesign things, or use a combination of straight, 45 deg, and 90 degree fittings to make it such that only one end of a flex line needed an angled fitting. It makes them easier to install, clock, etc and so much easier to ensure I didn't put a twist into the line when I torqued it. For example, if I needed a routing to have two 90 degree bends, one at each end, accomplish that with a line that has a straight at one end, and a 90 at the other end. Then install a 90 degree fitting on the end where the straight will go and vice-versa. Then you can install the line and have clocking of the hose assembly not be an issue.

+1

I learned this same lesson when doing my installation and very quickly learned to NOT have lines that needed to be clocked. I managed to redesign things said:
Better, if possible, I needed an insulated AN-8 line made that was less than 12 inches both ends clocked, very little tolerances allowed.

Welllll - there was this guy, down in Louisiana who said he could do some magical stuff....

Oh my, his hoses were just so.

My back yard sprinkler system never worked better - darn, he was incredible

:D

Tom understands irony.....

...and Flightlines buys beer for the Social every year.

Think of it this way...each dollar spent with Tom includes a wee bit to make your friends happy. Spend more, make more people happy!

Tom is a class act. Flightlines can provide hoses or hard lines that install in minutes instead taking hours to fabricate and longer to install.

Nothing better than TS

These guys are great - I can guarantee you that you will not get every fuel line / oil line the correct length. These guys are awesome in helping you set up the system and the support is as simple as sending the line back to them and saying - can you take an inch off? No charges, no hassle, and quick turnaround! Highly recommend!!!!

And Tom is fun to talk to!

Gentlemen---Thank you for the kind words, but as I've said for quite a while,
TS Flightlines/Aircraft Specialty Flightlines is a team. Steve, Cory, Cody, Jim, and myself do everything we can to process your orders in a timely manner, and check each one. The shop guys, Cory, Cody and Jim ---some of you met Cory and Cody at our OSH booth--do most of the fabrication processes. Steve and I do design, and thank goodness Steve does the logistics and computer stuff. BUT, we are a team. So Again I just wanted all of you to know, its not just me, or Steve and I. Way to much going on for even 2 people.

So from all of us to all of you, Thank you!!
Tom, Steve and Crew

Back