What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Any Vans tailwheel CFI needed for insurance check out in Texas nearest to Corpus Christi

vanscommuter

I'm New Here
Good evening. I hope to be needing a insurance check out for my new to me RV-3A in a few weeks . Not so much a tailwheel checkout as a Vans checkout. I have tailwheel time. The requirements from my insurance company state checkout by a CFI in any Vans tailwheel aircraft. I am open to locations but based near Corpus Christi. If anyone is available in a few weeks early May. please reply or PM

thanks

Last edited:
Good evening. I hope to be needing a insurance check out for my new to me RV-3A in a few weeks . The requirements from my insurance company state checkout by a CFI in any Vans tailwheel aircraft. I am open to locations but based near Corpus Christi. If anyone is available in a few weeks early May. please respond or PM

thanks
1. Did you mean RV-3? ‘A’ usually denotes nosewheel (except for the -10).
2. Since the -3 is a single seat, I presume you’re looking for a cfi who can supply the airplane, complete with LODA and insurance. That pretty much limits you to Bruce Bohanon or Alex Dimenche (sorry for butchering the last names), both in TX, or the cfi in OR whose name escapes me. (Note added: Mike Seager, see post below). They’re the only ones I can think of who do enough volume to keep insurance costs within reason.

Last edited:
I did mine with Mike Seager in Oregon. I was kind of in the same boat as you with an RV-4.

Best regards,

Good evening. I hope to be needing a insurance check out for my new to me RV-3A in a few weeks . Not so much a tailwheel checkout as a Vans checkout. I have tailwheel time. The requirements from my insurance company state checkout by a CFI in any Vans tailwheel aircraft. I am open to locations but based near Corpus Christi. If anyone is available in a few weeks early May. please reply or PM

thanks

thanks for the quick reply's Yes i meant RV-3A, In this instance and forgive me if i get any of the details or lack of details incorrect Maybe i am putting the hyphen in the incorrect spot. So RV-3 no wing spar mod, has flight restrictions. RV-3A modified wing spar, still some restriction. RV-3B NEW DIFFERENT whole wing, no restricted flight.
Thanks for the Alex Dimenche, and Mike S. I see Mike S on Van's site. I spoke to Bohanan and he is not doing transitions at present . I kind of figured it would be tough to find a local CFI with a tailwheel Vans. But i felt i had to try. Vans has a few listed CFIs for checkouts, but none local, So if i am traveling out of the area, It does not really matter about distance within reason, but more time of availability, i thought there might be a CFI in Dallas area? Alex DeDominicis ? He is listed from Vans website. Thanks again for the replys

Back