What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

America's Aircraft Engines

Wesael

Well Known Member
Has anyone here used this company for engine work?

Would you recommend them?

Thanks

Weasel

I went up and built my ECI engine with them in Tulsa, great folks and support, I would highly recommend them. I've had 0 problems with my ECI.

Their "test cell" left a little to be desired (maybe they've improved it since I built my engine many years ago), and they didn't have a dyno if that's important to you.

I bought my assembled Titan ECI engine from America's Aircraft Engines and I've been very pleased with it and the service I have received from the Fowlers. They have been more than helpful. I guess anyone could have a bad experience....so many factors determine bad experiences and good experiences. Mine have been great and I would certainly consider them again.

I purchased an assembled Eci 0-360 from Steve at America's Aircraft Engines back in 2005. Steve, Phil, and Steve's dad Richard were a pleasure to deal with. After 325+ hrs the engine is still running strong and I would (and do) highly recommend them to anyone who asks about engine builders.
There are many good engine builders out there, but in my opinion, the real proof of their commitment is when/if you have a problem. I had an issue early on and Steve and Richard did whatever it took to fix it to my satisfaction--they earned my trust.

Cheers,

db

I, like Walt, went up to Tulsa and spent 2 days with America's Aircraft Engines building my ECI IO-340. I agree with Walt on the test stand. They could stand to do some upgrading on that and I would have loved to have put my engine on a dyno. However, given that the test cell or lack of a dyno was not what I wanted from an engine builder, my experiences have been extremely positive. I was looking for a company and people I could develop a relationship with and was looking for someone I could trust and rely on to do the best job possible for my needs and desires. America's Aircraft Engines has easily met these needs. Richard and Steve Fowler go out of their way to make sure you get what you want and need. I am sure there are other builders out there that will do the same thing for you too.

The truth is, it is going to be the relationship you develop with your engine builder that will matter most. Make sure you can do that with them no matter who you choose.

Yes

No

PM Sent
I cannot understand why one word answers would ever be considered helpful. There must be a story there somewhere. I am not sure we will ever get it from such a manly answer though. :rolleyes:

I cannot understand why one word answers would ever be considered helpful. There must be a story there somewhere. I am not sure we will ever get it from such a manly answer though. :rolleyes:

I assume the situation was described in greater detail in the private message.

If you decide to use America's I have a 25% off certificate for the IOX-340 stroker engine that is good until Oct 31 of this year. I won this at LOE 2009. Make me an offer if you would like to use it.

TitanEXPgiftcert.jpg

If you decide to use America's I have a 25% off certificate for the IOX-340 stroker engine that is good until Oct 31 of this year. I won this at LOE 2009. Make me an offer if you would like to use it.

TitanEXPgiftcert.jpg
If I did not already have one I would be jumping on this. I know most do not know very much about this engine but I have to tell you, having flown with it for a year now and about 100 hours I cannot praise it enough. This is a great engine that fits well with the RV mission(s).

The ECI Titan IO-360 in the RV-8 in my avatar was done the same way as Walt's too. Assembled on-site in Tulsa by the RV-8's builder along with Americas' staff.

I'm not sure if they have a dyno up there now or not... but somehow were able to determine that this 9.2:1 compression engine made 192 HP at 2700 RPM.

It's got 163 hours on it now and is still running perfect.

Engine Purchase

I bought my ECI Titan from the Fowler's and have had nothing but good service. Had a defective fuel pump when I first fired it up and they overnight shipped a replacement. Have logged way over 400 hours on it and am totally pleased with it. Highly recommend using them.

Americas Engines

I have used them a couple of times. First rate product and outstanding customer service. Richard and Steve also support the RV community at many events each year.

Pat

Great Product and People

I have the ECI IO 360 in my 7. We build the engine at my place with Robbie Attaway do the wrench work. Built in two days. The engine is very strong and burns less than half quart in 25.

The entire crew is great to work with. The Fowlers are exceptional.

You can buy with confidence.

Back