What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

All of my Subaru videos...

cjensen

Well Known Member
Back by popular demand...I created a page on my site with all of my Subaru video's that I currently have. This will be a growing collection as I shoot them, and as I find them.

Enjoy, and let the good times roll! :eek: :cool:

Some of the videos are fairly large...just a heads up. They don't load as fast as YouTube...

Chad's video collection

Last edited:
cjensen said:
Back by popular demand...I created a page on my site with all of my Subaru video's that I currently have. This will be a growing collection as I shoot them, and as I find them.

Some of the videos are fairly large...just a heads up. They don't load as fast as YouTube...

Chad's Subaru video collection
Thanks Chad.
More information is better;-)

Tom Moore had some vids doing low passes with some great engine sounds. Any chance in finding those Chad?

I haven't figured out how to get it saved to my computer yet. There is no link to 'Save As' on his site...the video just starts playing. I thought of his video last night when doing the new page as well. It's THE video that sparked the interest for me...

I'll try and contact him and add it.

rv8ch said:
Try this URL: http://www.cddevelopment.com/tcm/tcm.wmv

Right click and choose Save Link As... (or Save Target As... if you are still using Internet Exploder)

Now that looks like RV-style performance. Make you wonder what's going on with the other one. Maybe he had a tailwind? Fixed-pitch prop????

I think that's the same plane Jan was testing the belt drive gearbox on when it shucked and put him off-field. Tom Moore's, isn't it?

Yukon said:
Now that looks like RV-style performance. Make you wonder what's going on with the other one. Maybe he had a tailwind? Fixed-pitch prop????
Don't think it was the wind. It was fairly calm that day, and the runway kept switching back and forth. Could've been a *slight* tailwind, but not more than 4-5kts if it was. It was HOT that day is all I remember about the weather...

The prop is an IVO Magnum (same one Ross uses), so I don't think that's it.

I watch my inside video again, and with it being on my site, rather than YouTube you can actually see the EIS numbers. Looks like he is only using (getting?) 4200 MAX rpm on take off. 4200 rpm is approx 152 hp...THAT is probably the issue with that hot grass departure.

Yukon said:
I think that's the same plane Jan was testing the belt drive gearbox on when it shucked and put him off-field. Tom Moore's, isn't it?
Yep.

Give it time

Give him a chance to do flight test, some 8,000 ft WOT runs, down and dirty top speed runs, ROC, fuel flow and so on. Nice looking plane and few people in the world can say they built their own plane; congrats, enjoy, be safe. Even if your plane is a slower, its still faster than 80% of all the other single piston engined GA planes in the world.

PS seriously, some times brakes can drag, the puck can stick and wheel drag can add to ground run. I am not saying this is the case, just thought of it in general. This is even a problem for planes with hours. When the pads wear the puck comes out further and can get cocked and not full retract. It usually happens when they are hot and return to normal when they cool.

Last edited:
WOW!!! I got an idea just how popular these videos are now...My bandwidth was exceeded for the month on THE DAY I put 'em up! I'm at 132% of my alotted amount, and there is still three days to go!

I gotta pay for that, of course, but it is kinda cool! :cool:

Bandwidth

I was wondering about that Chad! That's why Doug doesn't host pictures and video! Maybe put them back on Youtube and let the Google shareholders subsidize us!

I may do that...we'll see how next month goes. I've talked to my server provider, and they told me I could upgrade or just pay for it as it comes. $1/GB isn't too bad, but it could go thru the roof, or not cost any extra... :confused:

We'll see, they may go back on YouTube, I just like the quality of picture that I can get without using the 'Tube.

I'm one of the guilty parties that looked at them all. I'd be happy to host them on my web server to help reduce the bandwidth load if need be.

It was nice to watch them in decent res. I love the sound of Tom Moore's engine in the fly by. Yeah Baby Yeah!!!

ccrawford said:
I'm one of the guilty parties that looked at them all. I'd be happy to host them on my web server to help reduce the bandwidth load if need be.
Thanks Corey...I'll keep in touch with you on this. My provider upped my usage for the time benig at no additional charge for one month. I'll be watching it close for the first two weeks of July.

:cool:

Chad's video collection

Great video library, Chad. I have never heard the H6 from the ground. It does have an interesting sound.

Back