What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Atelier (Shawinigan, Quebec)

Paul Thomas

Well Known Member
Has anyone heard of them? Any feedback would be appreciated. I'm looking at an aircraft that has a new engine that was overhauled by them. This Florida pilot has never heard of that shop. It is unknown whether there is a warranty or if it would transfer to the new buyer.

Thanks,

An aircraft restorer out here in BC sent an engine all the way across the country to have Aero-Atelier overhaul it. Said it was excellent work, and attractively priced even factoring in the shipping.

We got two engines from them, both are excellent. My buddy’s shop (Coast Dog) usually order all engine rebuilds from them. These guys definitely knows their subject well. When contacting them ask for Manuel, he is a great guy to deal with.

I have known them for over fifty years and have bought three engines from them. Never heard of any problem and they stand by their engines. A family business and Manual Mongrain the son who is now the president and Charles Toupin is the shop manager.

They did an excellent job on completely overhauling my O-540. They have done several other engines in my EAA chapter as well.

Back