What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

6th annual ice cream social, Inyokern CA (IYK)

AX-O

Well Known Member
Well it is that time of the year again. I turn one year older. The 6th annual ice cream social will be held at Inyokern, CA airport on March 15th from 1100-1400. It will be held in the area next to the airport office. The red circle on the picture below indicates the area.

iyk.JPG

The ice cream social is just an excuse to get together, eat some free ice cream and fly.

If you would like to attend, please email me at axel_alvarez "at" hotmail "dot" com Use "Ice cream social" on the subject line of the email for spam filter reasons. If not, it will end up in the "trash/recycling bin" and I won't know you are coming. The head count will be used to figure out how much supplies my wife and I need to buy. All I need is your name and the number of people attending by March 7th.

-The airport's web site is http://inyokernairport.com/

-Our preferred runway is 33.

-Runway 20 is the only runway with non-standard traffic (right pattern).

-Click 3 times on 122.8 for AWOS info.

-R-2506 is closed on the weekends. You can contact Joshua Approach on 133.65 if you wish.

-When you are in the pattern, stay West of Highway 395.

-If you are coming from the West you can the red route. If you are coming from the North/East, you can use the blue route.
IYK%2520route.JPG

Some things to remember if you are not familiar with airport operations.
-You are responsible for yourself, kids, family, etc. NO EXEPTIONS! You are there at your own risk, be vigilant around the flight line.

-Aircraft are the greatest invention of mankind however, they can also be dangerous. Approach every aircraft as if it were "ON". An encounter with a turning prop or intake can yield very bad injuries.

-DO NOT touch an aircraft unless you have the permission of the owner/pilot.

-Please leave your pets at home. No need to have your dog, cat, lizard, liger, etc. around each other, food or aircraft. If you MUST bring your pet, please have it on a leash (especially if it is a liger).

-Please make sure you dispose of your trash. If you don't, it could potentially do damage to aircraft engines/props.

If the weather is bad, I will reschedule the event. Most likely it will be March 29th.

Hope to see you and your family there. The only thing better than ice cream is free ice cream.

Axel and Alisha

Heard I missed a good time last year... Will certainly keep it in mind this time. As it firms up, I'll RSVP

Mike, how long did it take you to build that? Was it hard to get an airworthiness cert?

Add +2 to the "in" list. I'll be there in my plastic RV wannabe...finger pointing and snickers are ok but please no fits of laughter or guffawing. Yes, guffaw can be a verb!

All,
Don't forget to RSVP if you are coming out. I need to buy enough supplies. See you soon.

Ice Cream Social

Axel -

Wx permitting - I'll be there.

FWIW - I have Type II Diabetes, so no ice cream for me!

David

David

I'll eat yours Dave, assuming I make it down! ;) (I managed to bruise my ribs skiing the other day, and right now can't even climb in an airplane. Hopefully Ill be better in a week!)

Axel,

Confirmed after we talked today?6 WC Ravens will be doing a birthday flyby for ya?and practicing our routine for the upcoming LA County Airshow (KWJF, Foxx Field, 21-22 MAR). Nasty, KB or Sunblock, Rosie, Tailwind, Cougar and Wingnut are IN! See ya there!

Cheers,
Bob

Axel -
Wx permitting - I'll be there.
David

David,
I was trying to get the fastback ready by the ice cream social so you can see it but I was not able to. I hope to have it at the hangar in a couple of weeks. See you soon.

(I managed to bruise my ribs skiing the other day, and right now can't even climb in an airplane. Hopefully Ill be better in a week!)

Paul, don't forget where we live. A few bruised ribs did not stop a certain X-1 pilot from going super sonic for the first time ever. Just saying :D

Paul, don't forget where we live. A few bruised ribs did not stop a certain X-1 pilot from going super sonic for the first time ever. Just saying :D

Man, tough crowd around here, eh Paul! ;)

Guess I'll have to saw off the end of a broomstick and lend ya a stick of Beemans too…you can pay me back later!

No really, I mean it! :D
IMG_0653.jpg

Cheers,
Bob

Last edited:
Reno area gaggle

let's get all of the Reno area RV Pilots together and fly to Axles ice cream social as a gaggle call in here on forum
let's all meet at Minden 9 o'clock in the morning on Saturday

let's get all of the Reno area RV Pilots together and fly to Axles ice cream social as a gaggle call in here on forum
let's all meet at Minden 9 o'clock in the morning on Saturday

Good Plan! We'll use the Beeman's to stick my ribs together....

IN

Axel
Diane and I will be there we are going to join up with the Reno guys in Minden then onto Inyo. See you soon.

Good news David, my wife found you some ice cream. We felt terrible that you could not participate in the activities.

See you soon.

RV wannabe

So if I come in a spam can as an RV wanna be, will you guys kick me out? No seriously, been trying to get there for three years. I'll be the guy in the Cessna 150 helicoptering in because the wind is too strong to make forward progress.

So if I come in a spam can as an RV wanna be, will you guys kick me out? No seriously, been trying to get there for three years. I'll be the guy in the Cessna 150 helicoptering in because the wind is too strong to make forward progress.

Please come on down. Just need to know how many people are coming with you. See you saturday.

Great party Axel. Please pass on my thanks to your better half... She was always mobbed and I never got the chance to tell her myself.

A great time, as usual Axel - thanks for the Ice Cream, and for giving everyone an excuse to get together.

Found this picture of the "other" birthday boy on my camera - you hand a camera to some guy in a Red Airplane's backseat, and you never know what you'll get....

IMG_2855.JPG

And an alert RV'er pointed out this obviously new and experimental prop design at the party. Strange designs can indeed be found in the Mojave....;)

IMG_2923.JPG

Last edited:
Happy Birthday Axel and Dayton! Thanks Axel and Alisha for the great party!

It was fun talking cowling and speed mods with David and Mike, and seeing the gangs from Norcal/Reno, Socal, Vegas, and all over!

Thanks to Tank for the C-190 ride!

And Axel, you were right...Alisha was the cute one in bright yellow...though you definitely stood out! :D

Cheers,
Bob

Great flyin, lots of planes, and even an ice cream float:D:D

Good time talking to good folks, very glad we went.

Dave Howe, thanks for the time you took to show me the build book, and all the info you passed on ---------great meeting you.

And thanks to Rosie for the parking and loaner car.........

Good time leads to good memories-------thanks all.

Great Party

:)Axel and Alicia thank you both for the excuse to spend a hundred dollars for free Ice Cream. What a great time and beutiful flight down the east side of the Sierra. To see beutiful RV's with the awsome back drops was outstanding. Good times with good people and an airshow to top it off. Thanks Again.

And, thanks for the Red Rocks Canyon air show!

I'm a little late chiming in but Nasty's smoking pass and Rosie's and Ironflight's formation pass were enjoyed by the field students slaving away to meet Dr. Arehart's demanding standards for geologic field mapping in Red Rocks Canyon State Park. Thanks for the show on your way home from Axel's party!

Back