What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

4-way Work Bench

mikemalone

I can't seem to find any information on the small work bench that some builders have used to mount 3 or 4 power tools. It was maybe 24 x 24, on castors.

24 x 24 is not big enough. I believe mine is 36 x 36--on the road, can't measure or remember. It is full with vise, belt sander, band saw, and grinder. I used Bingelis guidance for overall approach, but you want BIGGER castors with at least two brakes. I also mounted small 1 gal vacuum on the vertical 4 x 4 in the middle--very handy. Power cord runs to the top of that 4 x 4 from auto-return reel in center of shop ceiling. Good piece of gear--great space saver--saves lots of steps.

For those of you that have them, how about some photos? A picture is worth a thousand words.

I built a 4'x4' version (canopy, dimpling) , but will need to run out to the hangar to take a photos, will post later.

Last edited:
For those of you that have them, how about some photos? A picture is worth a thousand words.

Here's mine...I just used the EAA 1000 workbench plans, modified the dimension, and added wheels. I believe the surface is roughly 30x30. It has worked well for me, but I would like it to be just a little bigger.

fixed-tool-table1.jpg

garage-1.jpg

Mine is built the same way as the eaa tables and is 24x36. I am able to access all sides so I have tools facing out on all sides. I have a band saw drill press, grinder, belt sander and a vice. Here's a link to a few pictures

http://www.n87dx.com/N87DX/Shop.html.

It now has a shelf added as well.

-David

Based on the suggestions here

I know this thread is a little older, but in a search it may come in handy to others to come.

Based on others suggestions here, I constructed my 4 way bench from the EAA concept and added an old Server Rack Power strip to the underside.

Originally I had a 2' X 4' made from the left overs of my 4' X 6' work table. It is now my table for my DRDT-2.

The shelf will hold my chargers for battery operated tools and perhaps a radio.

It is a 4' x 4'

I have younger curious children so I needed something to keep the tools from falling over on them. Each is bolted to the table.

2011-03-30%2008.23.34.jpg

I may add a little shop vac underneath as well for shaving collection from the sander and band saw.

See what happens when you have time waiting for kits to arrive! :D

Last edited:
Back