What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1st flight N519PJ

Deems Davis

Well Known Member
Miracles do happen!

DSC_0360.JPG

DSC_0415.JPG

DSC_0446.JPG

Here's a link to a photo album of the 'event'

http://deemsrv10.com/album/First Flight APR 18 2009/index2.html

And a Youtube video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7f6bzUYZZgI

It's been quite a ride, Those who have completed the journey know that words just don't do it, but the GRIN just keeps re-emerging!!!!!

RE:RV Grinnnnnnnnnnn

Deems

Fantastic.....Good looking Plane.....Who did the paint job??

Frank @ 1L8 ...RV7A... not flying yet

Last edited:
Nice

Hi Deems,

I'm glad to see you got the 10 in the air. Congrats.

The paint was by Rob Drew at Drew Brothers Customs. www.drewbrotherscustoms.com. He's in the process of updating his site with airplane pictures. His background is custom car painting. He's a pilot and knows and understands the weight issues.

He guided me on my paint job, but I did most of the work at his shop. One of his guys shot the clear.

He's done one of my neighbors Lancair 4T's, Deems 10 and an 8 out of Chandler and has a couple more in the planning stages.

All of the paint jobs are beautiful.

First flight

Deems, the plane looks great. Looks like it will be weeks before the 'RV grin' is off your face. I must admit I am jealous. I just got back from a year overseas. What better motivation to get back to fitting the canopy for me than see another -10 take to the air my first day back. Enjoy the flying. Congrats on a great looking plane.

Eric Kallio
Canopy fitting after a year of buildus interruptus

Very cool, Deems. I like the paint job choice...very simple....compliments the RV-10's lines. Nice job and have fun!

Looks good Deems, nice job and well done. I know there's been a couple of speed bumps on your way, but you are proof of what motivation and tenacity can accomplish.

Keep us posted as to your progress, and let us know how the OP works. Hopefully the air-vents are keeping you cool....although you already look pretty cool with that shirt you're wearing! :)

Cheers,
Stein

Last edited:
Ho hum another airplane done. But, I WANT that shirt. Hang a strat in front of it and you're ready for a blues festival. Way to stick it out my man!

Congratulations

Beautiful job Deems.

Been following your progress for a long time.
Hundreds of pictures on your website detailing your building progress have helped me every step of the way.
If a picture is worth a thousand words, you have written the book on
how to build a truly magnificent RV-10.
Enjoy the flying.

Congrats Deems

Hundreds of pictures on your website detailing your building progress have helped me every step of the way.

I'll second this. Deems is one of those people that also spent a tremendous amount of time detailing the how to part of building, for the benefit of others. Even though I eventually had to give up my RV10 building project, his site was invaluable.

Back