What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

$100 Hamburger - List Request

Webb

Well Known Member
Sponsor
New Links: The VAF Lists suggestion - $100 Hamburger. Also a forum called the $100 Hamburger.

I know we have the places to fly, see, and eat forum but I think a $100 Hamburger by state in “Links, The VAF Lists“ would be a nice addition as well as its own forum.

I thought about this before and the recent post about Michigan Flyouts reminded me of it. Below is the Michigan section from the Beechtalk sticky $100 Hamburger. If the list is kept one line per airport like the one on Beechtalk, it would be easier to manage ongoing. The OP‘s PDF list was definitely more extensive and detailed. I purpose an abbreviated format.

KRMY - Marshall, Mi - Win Schulers- 1 mile- great prime rib. Call them for van.
KJXN - Jackson, Mi - good food but popular with the locals may mean a wait
KMGN - Harbor Springs, MI - great Polish restaurant - a short walk up the hill
KMKG - Muskegon, MI - Brownstone's - behind FBO - great food
KOEB- Cold Water, MI - Prop Blast Cafe - b'fast and lunch
61 D - Plainwell, MI - breakfast & lunch small local favorite - closes at 2pm

What say ye folks?

If they're on your home field....

Phil
KBTF
Salt Lake City
RV-10 built/flying
Murphy Moose building

Not quite the format you want but Simply Suzanne at BlueRidge Airport (KMTV) is the best burger I have had. That applies on or off an airport. They are on the Virginia/NC border.

There is already a forum that would work for this. https://vansairforce.net/forums/places-to-fly-things-to-see-things-to-eat.98/

Start a thread there, and see what kind of response you get.
I am aware of that forum but I was thinking of segregating the $100 burger on its own because I think it has merit. It qualifies as things to eat but might not fit into the other 2 categories. The main thing I’m asking for is a new category in the VAF Lists.

Perhaps a moderator will move this thread there since it’s already launched (please) And see what responses we get.

Thanks Mike.

Back