It’s gonna take a little bit to get things dialed in with the new forum software. Need to drop in the rest of the ads, get the moderators squared away and pick away at the punch out list. Your patience is appreciated. I’m still figuring things out too. :)

As questions pop up from users regarding the new user interface, thanks again to the folks that reply with answers.

In the meantime - some selected RV news:
  • Here is an RV-8 DIY 2-water bottle holder I saw at Randy's shop.IMG_2890.jpeg
    IMG_2889-X2.jpg
    IMG_2892-L.jpg
  • Now that it’s so easy to drag and drop photos into a thread, it looks like the Daily RV thread is picking up.
  • Tip: if you need to go back and edit a post that you made, look down at the bottom of it and you’ll see three little dots in a row. That’s where you find edit.

And don’t think I forgot about the off-topic :). Courtesy Josh.
IMG_0380.JPG

Wishing you and yours a happy, safe, and RV filled weekend.
v/r,dr

Last edited:
First, they take the best plane ever designed (RV-6) and "improve" it into the RV-7. And now this! I tell ya, the world is going to heck.

Haha seriously, I'll get used to it. And as a SW developer (ret), I absolutely understand that when it comes to old unsupported SW, moving on is eventually going to be inevitable.
That said, a couple of things:
1) I'm not alone in wishing the news could still be on the front page, something that's always been a mainstay of VAF, seems like it could be done?
2) Is there a way to change the number of posts that show up on a page like on the old site? I prefer more scrolling, and less paging.

First, they take the best plane ever designed (RV-6) and "improve" it into the RV-7. And now this! I tell ya, the world is going to heck.

Haha seriously, I'll get used to it. And as a SW developer (ret), I absolutely understand that when it comes to old unsupported SW, moving on is eventually going to be inevitable.
That said, a couple of things:
1) I'm not alone in wishing the news could still be on the front page, something that's always been a mainstay of VAF, seems like it could be done?
2) Is there a way to change the number of posts that show up on a page like on the old site? I prefer more scrolling, and less paging.
Randall!

First off, thank you for the kind words.

The 'Front Page' will live on, only now in its own dedicated area (node, formerly called subforum) at the top of the 'Forum List' (which you can get to a couple of ways depending on the device you're using - some screen grabs from my laptop below). I hope to push out 'an edition' every couple of days. The flow is a work in progress, but one option is to bookmark that 'Node' by itself and just check it every so often (although when I push out an 'edition' it will show up in 'New Posts' results.

The URL to The Van's Air Force News node is:

v/r,dr

VAFDR_ 64 Jan. 14.jpg

VAFDR_ 65 Jan. 14.jpg

Last edited: