I can understand Lycoming delivery issues but not the props and Rotax engines for the RV-12. The vendors can supply them in a few weeks and they could be shipped direct rather than double handled and double shipped. My November powerplant crating is now scheduled for August. I can not understand why they can not send what is available with the rest on back order so I can keep building. Rant over, just really want to fly the new 12 to Oshkosh.

"Start in Jan 2025". Ann told you they are not going to build any TB engines for Vans customers until 1/2025? That's the first I have heard that, most disappointing. What are they doing with the remaining 8 months of 2024?
That's not right. People are getting their TB engines each month and Vans has been sending out finial notices for payment. I have a buddy that got his email last week for TB540 for July delivery. They are producing them but at a snail pace.

If my read of the registration database is right, there are 862 aircraft with a 2023 manufacture date using Lycoming engines. 111 appear to be RVs, of 244 total E-ABs. For comparison, 245 were Cessnas, 158 were Piper.
I would think Robinson helicopter consumes ~ 150-200 engines per year for the R-22 and R-44 and Cirrus probably consumes 50 per year for the SR20.
-

I think the problem is there was a huge order compression in Feb-April '22 as I recall that is when the next 10% price increase was announced so they got a flood of close to 300 orders all in a 30-60 day time frame.
Not a problem, 300 orders at 10k a deposit = 3 million USD by April 2022.

Just as everything else, the supply chain and lack of work force has hit lycoming just like everything else, I imagine.

I’m one of those 300 and I am not holding my breath for an engine before 2025….. my project is essentially on hold until I get an engine….
I've slowed down my build as a result as well:( but I still plan to do some of the Service Bulletins and start installing antennas

I ordered a TB in Aug 2022 so I'm understanding I shouldn't see any movement on the engine front this year? I'd like to put the money to use on other things but now I'm anxious that this engine is gonna go up another 30% by the time they do build and ship it. I wish I could cancel the TB and switch to non-TB without losing my deposit.

I ordered a TB in Aug 2022 so I'm understanding I shouldn't see any movement on the engine front this year? I'd like to put the money to use on other things but now I'm anxious that this engine is gonna go up another 30% by the time they do build and ship it. I wish I could cancel the TB and switch to non-TB without losing my deposit.
Also have a TB order that I wish could be switched to a non-TB. It would seem to make sense - everyone gets their money sooner, customers off their back. Maybe after chapter 11 there will be more flexibility? Wasn’t that an option last year around his time?

Another data point. I ordered my Thunderbolt CAS IO-540 engine June 2021 and Lycoming tells me it will be ready in a couple of weeks.

I’m also told they are pressing to clear the 2021 backlog as the first priority. For my engine there was an additional delay as the vendor provided CAS needed to go back.

My understanding is the Thunderbolt line was essentially closed from last April until this March as Van’s is ~98% of the customer demand.

Carl