What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Looking For Comm Opinions

I have a new application and would like to use a COMM/Intercom combined unit. Would you please share your opinions/experiences with MGL, Becker, ICOM, VAL, XCOM, etc.

Thanks, Bill

v10

I was an early buyer of the MGL V10. It worked like a charm, then I had a problem. MGL was excellent to flat our replace the unit with a new one and I am 110% happy. I think their first few units had a few growing pains, but they were stand up about getting me a quick new unit.

As an intercom and as a comm....I would not change a thing. Love it. Light, simple, clear as a bell, easy to wire up and the price is right.

:D

I've been using XCOM

....for the past 5 years. Overall very satisfied. For service, I had to send to Australia once. Took 6+ weeks. If you need service, it may still be that it has to go to Australia (has that changed?). I would like to see a lighted display, but overall, intercom is flawless and radio quite good.
Ron
N8ZD

....for the past 5 years. Overall very satisfied. For service, I had to send to Australia once. Took 6+ weeks. If you need service, it may still be that it has to go to Australia (has that changed?). I would like to see a lighted display, but overall, intercom is flawless and radio quite good.
Ron
N8ZD

The display in all radios has a backlight for the LCD and Silicone keypad, all you need to do is wire that pin to +12v and you have a backlight ?? :confused:

Thank You

Thank you for the replies. I am out of control concerned about weight so I will try the V10. Is there any information available on the V6?

You looked at the latest from Funkwerk?

I have correspondence from a guy in Germany who says the built-in vox intercom was working perfectly in a Pitts S-2 of all things. Great feature set too. OLED display, dual watch, remote head available, etc etc. Very light also, as a lot of their gear hails from glider and LSA design origins.

Rob Rollison from Rollison Airplane Company now distributes them in the USA, and Funkwerk is a highly reputable German avionics company. The price might get you in the end, but you do sometimes get what you pay for..........just a thought.

I spotted this Comm Intercom combo recently. PS Engineering teamed up with Microair. Microair has bad reveiws here on VAF for thier Transponders but better for thier Comms I think. I have no experience with either company. These are Bluetooth capable and a audio panel.

http://www.ps-engineering.com/PAR100EX.shtml

Last edited:
Back