What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Affordable Panels

RickWoodall

Well Known Member
Any body have the scoop on Affordable Panels? All emails bounce back. I am looking for one of their modular panels...any other sources or anyone know if Fabian is going to be back soon or what the scoop is?

If he is ob, this would be the second one in a couple months..bummer.

Not Sure!

About 4 months ago, I spoke with Fabian multiple times over a two week period. We were discussing using one of his panels to retrofit my old -6. He was supposed to send me a PDF file to print out the panel, but he never did and after a while I just gave up. Subsequent attempts to contact him have gone unanswered.:(

I don't really get to log on to the site often to see what is going, but I am shocked at seeing a thread about Affordable Panels being out of business. Other than Aug thru Dec 2007 and for personal reasons, we are and have been open without interruptions. A simple call could have easily verify that.

Regards to all,

Fabian

Fabian

Well rumour has it you have had some tough personal issues Fabian, we all wish you well in that but....
I have to suggest that if you wish to grow and prosper in the homebuilder market you need to be on top of your web page and your emails. Many of us in other countries and different time zones are looking for products, prices, info and need to ask questions. Email simply works so well, and your web site sells 24/7 globally. I have to think a lot of sales are going elsewhere if you dont work the internet. Your call, just think you should get a part time student or somebody keeping it up. Thousands of builders use this site daily. Your competition is working this site well.

I emailed and emailed. I also kept trying your website. That was a long time ago and many potential clients may have moved on. Woud have and would still like to send some business your way but you need to make it easier. We build and have questions when others are sleeping, we dont want big nasty phone bills, we fire off questions while at work etc. Just the way it is.

Hope things are going better for you. This homebuilders market needs some guys like you helping us out and selling us stuff. Hopefully we will talk in the next few months. I will pick up the phone if that is just the way you are comfortable.

Good luck.

easy to make

I tried contacting Affordable Panels twice about a year back... also no replies. I don't take kindly to being ignored, so I decided not to pursue it further, and built my own instead. Let me tell you, it's very easy. I cut big holes in Vans' panel, as shown in the pic below. I just used a cutoff wheel in a hand-held die grinder. I clamped some aluminum angle down as a straight-edge for hte long straigh cuts. I radiused the corners with a unibit. For the larger curves, I did it rough with the cutoff wheel, and then filed and used a scotchbright deburr wheel to finish it. Then I made "plates" to fit over the home-made frame out of .064 sheet. Really only took me one evening.

Last edited:
Highly Recommend Fabian

I used Affordable Panels several years back for my panel and autopilot.
Great guy, prompt service, good prices. Sure you can cut it yourself,
but it's hard to beat the precision of an automated cutter. I highly recommend
Fabian and Affordable Panels.

Well rumour has it you have had some tough personal issues Fabian, we all wish you well in that but....
I have to suggest that if you wish to grow and prosper in the homebuilder market you need to be on top of your web page and your emails. Many of us in other countries and different time zones are looking for products, prices, info and need to ask questions. Email simply works so well, and your web site sells 24/7 globally. I have to think a lot of sales are going elsewhere if you dont work the internet. Your call, just think you should get a part time student or somebody keeping it up. Thousands of builders use this site daily. Your competition is working this site well.

I emailed and emailed. I also kept trying your website. That was a long time ago and many potential clients may have moved on. Woud have and would still like to send some business your way but you need to make it easier. We build and have questions when others are sleeping, we dont want big nasty phone bills, we fire off questions while at work etc. Just the way it is.

Hope things are going better for you. This homebuilders market needs some guys like you helping us out and selling us stuff. Hopefully we will talk in the next few months. I will pick up the phone if that is just the way you are comfortable.

Good luck.

I called "the competition" about 4 months ago for a quote on a panel that did not include any glass. I was told they would get back to me with a price. They never did. I tried to contact them through their website with specifics of what I wanted. Again, they made no attempt to contact me. Needless to say, I am not so impressed with the competition. Seems to be an industry standard I guess. Maybe they are only interested if the panels are worth more than the airplane kit :D

Still in business?

I used Affordable Panels for my flying RV9A's panel, wire, and electrical bits. Was planning to do the same thing for #2. Has anyone successfully dealt with Fabian recently and if so can you list the current phone and web site information.

Thanks
Paul Eckenroth
N509RV

Affordable panels

Fabian: Please reply. There seams to be very much interest in your modular panels, my self included. Checked your Web site several days ago and it was down, hopefully for updating. Called your phone number and left a message, but no response yet. IF YOU HAVE CLOSED YOUR BUSINESS LET THE BUILDING COMMUNITY KNOW SO WE CAN MAKE OTHER PLANS!:confused:

Milt is right

Stein cut my panel..and I am very pleased with the results..Stein has always treated me well so far on everything I have ordered..always answer their phone and e-mail...and I sleep better at night knowing they are there...Go with Stein.

(P.S..Hey Stein and Paul: Now that I have buttered you up, have you heard anything on my AFS slave screen?...lol)

Affordable panels

Talked to Fabian today, and he is still in business building modular panels. He said he has been in court trying to finalize his divorce, which has taken up much of his time lately. I told him that his web site was down, and he would try to get it back up and running today. He can be reached at (561)670-7677.:)

Give him a break

I had Fabian cut my panel for me a few years ago. I sent him the info from Panel Planner but I put in the wrong intercom on the plan. He cut the one I sent but when I told him it was wrong he corrected it only for the price of shipping even though it was my fault. That means it cost him the price of the materials as well the labor. I think he is a great guy and the type of guy we should support. If he's going through a tough time, let's rally around him and not kick him when he is down. I know that us guys, me included, tend to get the "gotta have it now" mindset but in reality what we need can wait a few days.

I haven't gone through a divorce but we all have friends who have and the emotional toll is staggering. I imagine he is just trying to get through every day and his website and email responses are suffering as a result.

Just my $.02

Back