What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What page is the static port info on

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good afternoon everyone,
As you could probably guess from the title I am working on running my static line. I will follow the Vans methods but can't seem to find the page in the instruction manual. I have found the blueprint with the info but all it tells me is where the hole goes, not how big or what size rivet goes in it. Any know wher I can find out more info?
Thanks
Brandon

Vans kit

When I ordered my fuselage I also ordered Vans Static kit. It comes with tubing, rivets and instructions. All for $19.00. I believe the rivets were MSP-42, but I am not near my project so take that with a heavy dose of salt.

There have been several threads about static ports and various vendors' products (like SafeAir1). The correct rivet size may be mentioned in one of those threads. I will check this weekend when I get home.

Be careful

The port kits may have the RV6 instructions for location of the port. The large drawing has the correct location for the 7.

I read so much about the static port issues with the safe air kit, but liked the threaded system inside the aircraft. So - I took the ports and machined them down flat, cut some concentric grooves for proseal, then enlarged the hole to accept the standard Vans rivet. Then, I used the Vans rivet to go directly into the modified safe air ports and used proseal to ensure they stayed in place and did not leak.

ref: http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=97509

Flying 1-2018 - 3-leg psi check yielded 0.12 kt TAS difference with GPS ground speed, so it works!

Last edited:
What rivet does the static system require

I have checked the forums and it looks like the SD-42-BSLF is the rivet for the static ports...is this correct? I don't really want to buy the kit since I already have the Safe Air tubing and connectors.
thanks,
Brandon

I have checked the forums and it looks like the SD-42-BSLF is the rivet for the static ports...is this correct? I don't really want to buy the kit since I already have the Safe Air tubing and connectors.
thanks,
Brandon

I accidentally ordered a second set of Safeair static ports. PM me if you're interested.

Back