What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bad Oil Pressure Sending unit

jsenft

Well Known Member
I have determined that my Oil pressure sending unit is bad. I did the whole oil purging process. 10-15 psi air pressure in the overflow, blocked the ?In? on the oil tank, removed the top spark plugs, filled the oil cooler and lines, and turned prop over 100 times fast, and nothing. No indication of pressure. I also tested the wires from the sending unit back to the Skyview. Everything was fine with the wiring.
http://www.vansairforce.com/community/showthread.php?t=120157

As a last test, I removed the Oil pressure sending unit and applied air pressure to the unit. Nothing, no indication on the Skyview. So, at this point I need to replace the sending unit.
Questions:
Since this is a new engine bought from Vans, do I contact Vans to get a replacement under warranty or do I contact Rotax?

Questions:
Since this is a new engine bought from Vans, do I contact Vans to get a replacement under warranty or do I contact Rotax?

No! Call one of the 3 Rotax dealers in the USA and order a new one and request warranty paper work. You will have to pay for the new one, but after you send in the old one with the paper work they will refund your credit card. Takes about 30 days. :( Beware that some time last year Rotax changed from a honeywell sensor to another vendor and from a 1/8 NPT thread on the Honeywell unit to metric threads on the newest sensor. So you have to ask yourself,how long have you had your engine?:eek:

Back