What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Maintenance Schedule RV7A

simatos

Well Known Member
Guys is there a maintenance schedule document for the plane that anyone is aware of? It is a requirement for inspection in Canada. Thanks Gary

You can get the basic (generic) items for the schedule by reviewing CARs 625 App B & C. Add or subtract items you deem appropriate to your airframe. Also list items dealing with CARS 571 App B, F, & G.
If you need examples, send me a PM with your email address.

Cheers

Mtc Checklist

I have one which I modified slightly for my 7. It was developed by our resident AME for his 6A. PM me your email if you wish a copy.
Al

Does my RV-7A maintenance board help answer your question?

VAFDR_01%20Dec.%2028%2016.33.jpg

Mtc Checklist

Scroll, that is a nice reminder board! Saves having to look things up. Not sure about the US but in Canada we must have a journey log as well as tech logs even for amateur built. Used to be we could record all mtc in the journey log but I am told now we require tech logs as well.
Al

Scroll, that is a nice reminder board! Saves having to look things up. Not sure about the US but in Canada we must have a journey log as well as tech logs even for amateur built. Used to be we could record all mtc in the journey log but I am told now we require tech logs as well.
Al

Why can't the Maintenance log be combined with the Journey log? Where does it say (in the CARs) that it must be a separate document?

Bevan

Scroll. Like it a lot

What?s the 3 year registration requirement.

Hi Bugsy.
From FAA.gov: Aircraft registration expires three years after an aircraft was registered or last renewed. The registration renewal date-to-file is scheduled five months before the expiration.

Happy New Year to you, Kathy, and the man-cubs.

Mtc Records

CAR 549.25 states "Journey Log Books and Technical Log Books are required for each amateur-built aircraft."
This came up in a discussion at our local RAA meeting a few months ago. Caught many people by surprise.
Al

That's nice Scroll! Details please: Did you apply the divider lines? How? Where did you get the board?

thanks
-Marc

Back