What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

WTB - EGG SUB H6

David-aviator

Well Known Member
No, it is not for me but for a friend from the Egg Subby world. :)

Tom Moore is having trouble with the variable valve timing feature of his current H6 late model engine. (he has had several)

What would solve that problem is an older version of the engine without variable valves. This would be pre 2005 or 2006.

If anyone knows of such an engine languishing in a shop and seeking a new home, Tom would be interested.

His contact is
[email protected]

or

(541) 661-1697

Thanks.

Tom Moore is having trouble with the variable valve timing feature of his current H6 late model engine. (he has had several)

Hi David,
Can you describe the nature of the issue? I am curious since I have a yet-to-be-flown 2009 H6 going on my Sportsman.

There was someone on the Subenews list that was offering to make up fixed-timing gears for the valves. You send them your "pinned" gears, and he'd make up a one piece set of gears set to the same timing as the "pinned" ones.

Thanks,

-Dj

Hi David,
Can you describe the nature of the issue? I am curious since I have a yet-to-be-flown 2009 H6 going on my Sportsman.

There was someone on the Subenews list that was offering to make up fixed-timing gears for the valves. You send them your "pinned" gears, and he'd make up a one piece set of gears set to the same timing as the "pinned" ones.

Thanks,

-Dj

DJ, I do not know the species of problem but it is such he is considering a switch to Lycoming. Call or email Tom, he will give you details.

H6 for sale

A friend of mine removed a brand new H6 from his RV 9
about 6 month ago and is trying to sell the whole package
including prop and all accessories.
It has the latest gen 3 drive.
The headache of dealing with heating issues had him replace all of it with a Lycoming.
He is willing to let it go a very reasonable price.
The package was advertised for $10,000 on this site about 4 month ago.
Let me know if you are interested and I will put you in touch with the seller who is an older gentleman not dealing with the internet.

DJ, I do not know the species of problem but it is such he is considering a switch to Lycoming. Call or email Tom, he will give you details.

Hi David,
I wrote to Tom, and this is what he sent back to me:

"Dj: I haven't had problems in particular; it is just that the variable cam
is more complicated than is necessary. If you can use Auto gas, you should
be OK. With AV gas it has a tendency to load the valves and rings with lead.
Tom"

-Dj

Back