What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mazda diesel

Denase

Mazda has come out with an aluminum block diesel. Produces 310 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm. Can't find a specific weight for it. But with that kind of torque it might work without gear reduction.:)

Mazda has come out with an aluminum block diesel. Produces 310 lb-ft of torque at 2,000 rpm. Can't find a specific weight for it. But with that kind of torque it might work without gear reduction.:)

That's only 118 hp at 2000 rpm. What is the torque at 2700 rpm?

I thought there was a graph online showing torque and horsepower figures, but I can't find it now. I did find a max of 170 horsepower. But they don't say at what RPM. A 14:1 compression ratio, might be hard to restart at altitude, if you had too.:eek:

If its predecessor is any guide, it should be in the neighborhood of 300 ft-lbs at 2700 rpm. That's 154hp. If your prop likes 2800, then you can get 160hp.

Pretty neat, hope it comes out at a reasonable weight, too.

David

Last edited:
deisel

Car & Driver is speculating that Mazda will be using it in their cars this year. They state: "Mazda’s higher-spec 2.2-liter Skyactiv-D diesel four is the best candidate for U.S. service; in Europe, it makes 173 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque."
I'd like to throw one in my CJ7:eek:

Back