What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Length of 2" and 4" Scat Hose

Janekom

Well Known Member
Patron
Can someone please check and let me know what the total length of the firewall forward 2" scat hose is? We need to replace all of it on an older RV10. Most of it is getting a bit tatty with holes etc. We will replace the oil cooler 4" as well so I will need the length for that as well. Thanking you in advance.

Here are the length I have ordered with pre-finished ends from Custom Ducts at [email protected]. no more tattered ends.

2” hoses:

-2@13” long needed from heat muffs to fire wall.

-1@26” long needed from engine baffle to heat muff, right side.

-1@35” long needed from front engine baffle to heart muff, left side.

4” Hose:

-1@15 long needed for oil cooler.

Can someone please check and let me know what the total length of the firewall forward 2" scat hose is? We need to replace all of it on an older RV10. Most of it is getting a bit tatty with holes etc. We will replace the oil cooler 4" as well so I will need the length for that as well. Thanking you in advance.
Here is what I just installed in my RV10. I used ITT SCEET duct from Custom Ducts.

Left (pilot) 2" heat muff to firewall - 15"
Right 2" heat muff to firewall - 12" (13" would work too)
Left 2" air inlet to heat muff - 37"
Right 2" air inlet to heat muff - 28.5"
4" for oil cooler - 15"

Here are the length I have ordered with pre-finished ends from Custom Ducts at [email protected]. no more tattered ends.

2” hoses:

-2@13” long needed from heat muffs to fire wall.

-1@26” long needed from engine baffle to heat muff, right side.

-1@35” long needed from front engine baffle to heart muff, left side.

4” Hose:

-1@15 long needed for oil cooler.
Nice listing for the hoses.

I found a 4” 60 degree silicon hose (500 degrees) for 1/2 of the oil cooler run with an adapter to have better flow in this area. You can see it in one of the pics, but there is a small velocity stack mounted on the flange to assist with cooling #6 cyl. It reduces flow to the oil cooler, to enhance flow for #6. Oil temps are still good @170-190. The constant force T-clamps are nice as well.

The pic looks like an illusion and that the taper of the velocity stack is coming forward, (towards you), but it does indeed go into the the throat of the blue hose to funnel the air as if it were on top of a carburetor . The velocity stack is 3 1/2” ID and the rim sits nicely on the 4” flange opening at #6 cyl.

Attachments

• IMG_4983.jpeg
    IMG_4983.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 20
  • IMG_4984.jpeg
    IMG_4984.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 19
Last edited:
Back