What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finish Kit - orphan bits.

TASEsq

Well Known Member
Patron
I’m doing the inventory on my finish kit, but can’t identify where these parts are used?

2 plain aluminium machined blocks - AB3-3/4x1 1/2 x 1.188 - seems they should be used for something important with that specific dimension? A spacer for jigging something?

Also - a long compression spring with no part number - but from the packing list probably C-627

It’s not a big deal - I’ll come across where they live eventually in the plans - just thought someone might know.

Oh - love how Van’s assumes we can’t cut a piece of pine to a specified dimension, so does it for us! noice.

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpeg
    IMG_0132.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 76
  • IMG_0128.jpeg
    IMG_0128.jpeg
    5.4 MB · Views: 79
  • IMG_0129.jpeg
    IMG_0129.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 77
I’m doing the inventory on my finish kit, but can’t identify where these parts are used?

2 plain aluminium machined blocks - AB3-3/4x1 1/2 x 1.188 - seems they should be used for something important with that specific dimension? A spacer for jigging something?

Also - a long compression spring with no part number - but from the packing list probably C-627

It’s not a big deal - I’ll come across where they live eventually in the plans - just thought someone might know.

Oh - love how Van’s assumes we can’t cut a piece of pine to a specified dimension, so does it for us! noice.

The aluminum blocks are meant to be constructed into stand-offs for the nosewheel fairing (I just bought pre-constructed ones from AircraftSpecialty.com instead). I don't remember using the spring.

_Alex

The C-627 is a spring for the canopy jettison system.
A
Arnie: do you know where it's called out in the plans? I don't see it on Section 38 (2022 update or 2015 version I have) and I don't recall installing it.

Section 4 (Parts Index) shows it as C-00627 VENDOR ITEM SPRING, COMPRESSION MANUFACTURED FINISH 38
it's on my Finish Kit inventory sheet from 2018 original builder: bag 3220, C-627 (no leading zeroes!) as: "SPRING CANOPY JETTISON TIPUPs" (I have bag 3220, but no spring)

a mystery...

Thanks. That’s what the packing list says. But I can’t see it used in the plans. A search doesn’t find that part number used anywhere.
From RV6 plans....

Attachments

• spring canopy release.JPG
    spring canopy release.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 26
Back