macflyer

Hi,
I'm thinking of purchasing a Whirlwind 200 L for my RV 6 IO320. Is there a big difference between the 68 inch and performance? I was just thinking of ground clearance, and if any one has one of these props, would you recommend the purchase?
thanks

I was just thinking of ground clearance ...

A 72" prop is acceptable for the RV-6 and RV-6A. A 74" prop is acceptable for the RV-6A. Although the chart below from Van's is for Hartzell props, it shows the acceptable prop diameters for all models:

Screenshot 2023-10-04 at 7.23.06 PM.jpg

Hi,
I'm thinking of purchasing a Whirlwind 200 L for my RV 6 IO320. Is there a big difference between the 68 inch and performance? I was just thinking of ground clearance, and if any one has one of these props, would you recommend the purchase?
thanks

I am looking at the Whirlwind 300 3-Blade prop for my RV-7. It comes in 70inch and 72inch. The guy I spoke with at Whirlwind said the 70inch would give up a little climb performance but have a higher TAS than the 72inch. That sounds appealing as does the additional clearance.

I wonder if anyone here has experience with the 70inch vs 72 inch 3-Blade props?