Hi all

As my last post got deleted for posting a page from the court documents, which I had carefully redacted personal information, I am reposting here without said document.

Van's laid off people as early as August 2023 stating financial difficulties as the justification. In the legal documents is a copy of at least one HR letter which I am forbidden from reposting here, setting out the reason for layoff being the financial difficulties of Vans.

As someone who put my deposit down some time after this date, and was chased for (and made) full payment before the announcement, I think it is important that we are able to piece together the sequence of events here.

bw
britbuilder

This letter is public record as it was included in one of the claims.

Anyone with a computer and Internet access can access this claim, the letter and the name of the employee.

Some claimants are putting way too much personal information in their claims. It seems they are unaware that this stuff is out there for anyone to access.

This letter is public record as it was included in one of the claims.

Anyone with a computer and Internet access can access this claim, the letter and the name of the employee.

Some claimants are putting way too much personal information in their claims. It seems they are unaware that this stuff is out there for anyone to access.

Yes, and every Vans customers info from day 1, is included in public unredacted documents. Most are unaware.

It is probably safer to not re-post those documents on VAF because even though they are public via the designated legal website, it would not be evident that is the path for how they got here.

There are clear warnings on the bmc website that anything that is submitted will become public, so those who are submitting claims need to be careful.

It's unfortunately normal to have staff layoffs when there are financial difficulties and to then implement a hiring freeze. It's a bit puzzling though that Van's are currently hiring for several positions and it would be helpful to know the intent in order to give customers some confidence in the Van's recovery plan.

I guess people don't bother reading the fine print anymore.

IMPORTANT NOTICE OF REDACTION RESPONSIBILITY: All filers must redact: Social Security Or taxpayer - identification numbers; dates of birth; names of minor children; And financial account numbers, in compliance with Fed. R. Bankr. P. 9037. This requirement applies to all documents And information, including attachments.

Redactions

I guess people don't bother reading the fine print anymore.

It doesn't say anything about redacting adult names and addresses, only SS #'s, tax ID #'s and account numbers. Have any of those items actually been posted?

Skylor

It doesn't say anything about redacting adult names and addresses, only SS #'s, tax ID #'s and account numbers. Have any of those items actually been posted?

Skylor

It's court. These are court documents, and in the US, court records are generally public information. Not sure why anyone is surprised to see names and addresses on documents filed in open court.