Good on them !!! This is the most successful kit manufacturer ever, and I'm glad that things are going well to get them back in the saddle. Once the RV-15 is ready for production, I would think there will be hundreds, or maybe thousands ready with checks in hand to order:).

Last edited:
Finally some good, factual, and positive news. Thanks Van's šŸ‘
Hopefully you will now be able to concentrate on righting the ship up, and only once this is done commit further investments for the -15.

Well done and good luck to all.

Please, Van's if you read this, I'd like to hear of any progress on any of the "alternate solutions" to replacing red and yellow LCPs the engineering team is supposedly working on.

Greg Sounds very positive about things ā€œmoving forwardā€ shipping parts and kits to fresh customers and continuing on with backcountry RV15 project.ā€¦ā€¦ However no mention of previous customers who are stuck waiting for parts orders that have been fully paid for. Iā€™ve got one of those orders. Iā€™ve done a identical order on the web store, the parts are available at an increased price which Iā€™m willing to pay, if I press the button probably have the parts in couple weeks ā€¦ā€¦ however that effectively means paying twice for the privilege, Iā€™m not to keen on that idea. These parts are to finish my third RV so I am a loyal customer. With no advice available as to time frames, Iā€™m seriously considering quitting the project and moving on. Sure Iā€˜m not Robinson Crusoe in this situation. ā€¦ā€¦I get that Vans need all, and the most ā€œfresh moneyā€ (from new orders) they can lay their hands on, but hey, seems like folk in my position are just being forgotten and lost in the system.

...However no mention of previous customers who are stuck waiting for parts orders that have been fully paid for.
Are you waiting for LCP parts replacements? If so, Greg said in the video they had completed 300+ LCP replacement orders. They said in previous announcements there were 1,800 people affected and they hope to finish replacing LCP parts by the end of 2024. So, they've made good progress but have a long way to go still.

Are you waiting for LCP parts replacements? If so, Greg said in the video they had completed 300+ LCP replacement orders. They said in previous announcements there were 1,800 people affected and they hope to finish replacing LCP parts by the end of 2024. So, they've made good progress but have a long way to go still.
Its great that Vans is getting LCP out to folk who need them. NO my parts are not LCP, my order like others is made up of general parts that could all be described as firewall forward, the order also includes a fixed pitch prop, all fully paid. In a fone contact with Vans recently, they knowledged that my order was complete (including the prop) but that it was effectively way down the list of shipping prioritiesā€¦ā€¦. Thatā€™s Because the order if shipped would only bring in the extra cash from the price increase and not the full amount theyā€™d get from a fresh order/customer and thatā€™s born out by folk who are saying that they are ordering parts and theyā€™re being shipped almost immediatel.

I'm most excited about wait time / backlog fulfillment schedule transparency for parts as well as engines.

Chapter 11 is hard to work through but everything I'm seeing indicates they are making solid business decisions (maybe not 'customer focused') to ensure the company remains in business.

I just did a factory visit last week, with the main focus on wanting to look at the RV-15, which unfortunately has been put on slow mode progress. At my age, I'm thinking that by the time it is available, ordered, and a kit gets shipped, I'll be close to ending my flying career. This isn't even considering the time to build along with the typical hiccups that come for an early production kit.
Granted, also looking at the RV9/RV8, but the high wing fills more of my current needs.

Didn't answer my question. When for the engine?
Yes, it looks like as long as they are back in business, getting new orders, with secured higher prices for engine customers they are happy and very optimistic. Doesn't seem they are putting a lot of effort into solving the engine delays... Van's pushing blame to Lycoming saying Lycoming has the autonomy to define engine production allotments for Vans and when you talk to Lycoming they push back to Vans saying we have to get the delivery dates and plans from Vans.

At least 1 additional year wait on my case.

At the end of the day, I think Chapter 11 is turning Vans into a "business-focused only company"... They love the community support when doing YouTube videos, and as long as money is flowing... I saw no transparency at all in the video when related to the engine topic.

I was very happy to hear a positive update. I think itā€™s worth Vansā€™ time to put out regular communications even if there isnā€™t a lot of detail to share. Lots of speculation will occur in a vacuum and that can be prevented with these occasional updates.

Iā€™m certainly looking forward to more details about lead times for remaining kit orders and engine orders. That will go a long way to assuaging concerns.

Iā€™m certainly looking forward to more details about lead times for remaining kit orders and engine orders. That will go a long way to assuaging concerns.
It will also go a long way towards getting new orders! I suspect folks are hesitant to order a kit right now with absolutely no idea when it might ship. One month? One year? Three years? It's critical for future business that they post estimated lead times and update them frequently. Hopefully with data from a new ERP system :) Hey, we can dream...

I guess folks can read whatever they want into pretty much anything.
I didnā€™t learn anything new. Itā€™s a loooong road folks.
Waiting for ā€œthe planā€. Maybe it will have some meat in it?
Theyā€™re still swimming and fighting, so thatā€™s better than the alternative.

I guess they are trying to be positive. I'm sure that they would really like to ship parts that have been paid for and that are sitting on the shelf to loyal customers who are waiting for them, so that they can get on with building their projects. For some reason that we don't understand, they are unfortunately not doing so.

Yes "The Plan" is due today, Friday 29th March and it appears that the date is not going to change.

The other thing that would help is to see the faces and to hear the words of the people who are currently running the company.

The other thing that would help is to see the faces and to hear the words of the people who are currently running the company.
Perhaps they could simply say, ā€œwe are on planā€ if that plan actually shows up.
I think Greg and Van are doing the best they can all things considered. Canā€™t back that train up, so, it is what it is.